• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H to stop selling rabbits over Easter

I guess that garden centre is Dobbies.

The new CEO doesn't like animals so has stopped the sale of live animals. (Despite spending £55k on a new pet unit for one store). The guy in that store is devastated to lose his babies .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I think they're an independent store actually, I don't think there are any Dobbies stores near me, could be wrong though!

(it's Polhill garden centre for any local RUers :) )

PAH did it last year as well!! Its for the 4 day break from Good Friday to Easter Monday so you cant buy a rabbit until the Tuesday

I think they're an independent store actually, I don't think there are any Dobbies stores near me, could be wrong though!

Ah :) well we have a 2nd garden center to add to your local lol ;)

Such a shame that they feel the need to sell animals all the other days of the year still :roll: Let's pray this means no animals from there will be a 'gift' for easter... or maybe they'll just wait until the tuesday.. :?

Oh really that's interesting thanks for letting us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAH did it last year as well!! Its for the 4 day break from Good Friday to Easter Monday so you cant buy a rabbit until the Tuesday

Yes, I believe they've done it for the last few years. I work with the R.S.P.C.A., who in turn work with P@H and I know that was on our agenda - to get rabbis off sale over Easter :D

Not last year but year before I was in one of the stores on good Friday and they did not keep their word they sold a rabbit there and then, for young kid bought by grandparents, I reported it but never heard back, I also !Ade RWAF aware etc x

Back