• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

i wanna know why my rabbit that is a grey lop eared 7 weeks

Leanne J said:
Lop ears don't drop until 9 - 10 weeks

Hi Leanne and yes this is true, and sometimes it can be several months or more before the ears completely Lop over..especially in bigger bunnies.
Our French Lops ears did not go over until he was 1o weeks old.
Smaller breeds should be much quicker though.

I suppose you could always try a bit of cosmetic surgery and try pinning them down in position with sticky tape to give them the right idea :lol:
(Only JOKING....we would not recommend sticking bunnies up with selotape, glue or anything else :D )

Fluffybunny said:
I do know that many pure-bred lops do lop fully at 3 weeks or so, maybe this is a cross breed. :roll:

This is true but it also depends upon the size as well as the breed of rabbit....there are several breeds of Lop from the mini Lop right up to the (Giant sized :lol: ) French Lops.

Adele said:
Fluffybunny said:
I do know that many pure-bred lops do lop fully at 3 weeks or so, maybe this is a cross breed. :roll:

This is true but it also depends upon the size as well as the breed of rabbit....there are several breeds of Lop from the mini Lop right up to the (Giant sized :lol: ) French Lops.

The ones that lop around 3 weeks are Minis, and I have known Frenchies lop at 5 weeks, German Lops at around 4 :roll: JMHO,

Rachel xx

lops

all of my mini lops that have been born this year have tended to 'lop' at 3 weeks.....its so cute when they are all so small and these big ears...

on saying this though, i definitly agree with what else has been said, but on saying this though your bunny maybe a cross breed, where was he brought from?...

working in a pet store myself i know that dispite what some breeders will say, sometime it is obvious that young rabbits that are coming in are not lop!....we once had a litter that all had ears like a hare and the breeder was like
'they are pure lop', thouse poor bunnies where with us for about 8 weeks :(

Back