• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hawthorn for Breakfast Today

Nice healthy rabbit breakfast :love: Mine had apple sticks from when the trees where pruned.

Endeavour looks as though he's smiling in the last pic :)

Looks like a perfect breakfast. I've not picked any hawthorn this year (yet) so mine haven't had that experience in 2017.

We finally cut down our hawthorn (boo hoo, but being replaced by a rose bush so still good for bunny noms!) so my lot got a load at the weekend which they devoured, thorns and all :shock:

Those are very interesting looking branches. :D I need to learn about the local flora here to see if there's anything I can spice up the bunnies' menu with. Poor Mimzy, and to an extent Fiver too, is having the mushiest cecals I've seen in him and I'm sure they both need more fiber in their diet and some kind of astringent like dandelions. (I don't dare give them any from my garden due to the presence of the dogs.)

I plan on planting an apple tree in my yard at the rear of the property where the water that drains from the hill above us tends to pool. It killed off the shaped conifer we have in that spot (was dead when we got here) because it's just too soppy there. But I don't know that the boys will get to enjoy it since they're both in only fair health. :(

As always I see some very contented nibblers in those photos! :love: xxxx

Back