• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you keep your hay?

I used to keep mine in an old duvet cover in the old coal shed. Not very exciting or innovative lol!

I used to keep mine in an old duvet cover in the old coal shed. Not very exciting or innovative lol!

I'm getting rid of/replacing my sheds and wondered what to do with stuff in the meantime! I certainly use old duvet covers as it holds it all together and allows it to breathe ... Thanks Karen :)

I use a garden storage box which fits a bale perfectly. Think it was from homebase.

ETA. It lives in the garage so protected from the elements.

Last edited:
Mine is in a hutch on a shelf in the rabbit shed and in a plastic bag in the dining room (guinea pig room now).

Wheely bins in the shade.
Our brown bins (garden waste) have breather holes under the handle so are probably better for hay than standard wheely bins.

Mines in one of those large plastic storage things (looks like a bike shed?). I have all my rabbit stuff in there... well most of it... :lol:

I love it!!

I'm probably the worst... we keep our hay in the built in wardrobe, in its plastic bag. The readigrass goes in a airtight storage container.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh me too! I transfer some to a rhino tub thingy and that's what lives upstairs for top ups.

In the dishwasher, my bed & bra :lol: that's what it feels like.

We keep ours in a big walk in larder / cupboard thing

On the subject of hay, timothyhay have a note to say current supplies are not as green & sweet smelling as not barn dried :( boo hoo. So I asked the buns if it was ok to go back to cheapo hay bales, they all ignored me so I took that as them feeling insulted at the very idea & have ordered some Ings which they've never had before

I hope the Ings goes down well with your buns, we use it here as an alternative option to TH.
I think Roxy recently purchased some of the poorer quality TH and reported that it is still going down well[emoji4]

ke9loy.jpg

This my latest hay from timothyhay.co.uk
It is slightly less green but still lovely :)

My second ever batch of the Timothy Hay arrived today and it didn't seem much different to the "better" batch I bought before. The buns are certainly tucking in! :thumb:

Their royal highnesses Joey, Mouse and Boo should be ok with the ings hay though, I've found it goes down pretty well even with fussy buns. Even Scrappy liked it and before that she would only eat the oxbow oat hay. She had expensive tastes, bless her :love:

thanks all - tbh mine eat any hay despite my best efforts (so it seems) to create fussy hay monsters. Ings seems a good option too - its local ish which pleases me .

I have house bunnies and little outdoor space, so I keep it in their bedroom! They have a section penned off sl they cant access the door and its in that section.

Back