• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies, eh? The Watch&Wait Game...

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Was all ready to post a 'hmm, I think Aboleth might have a blockage or something' post and now she's doing fine, poor girl! But, she's not out of the woods yet (not after the string of poos that came out :S) but I can keep an eye on her all day tomorrow as I'm at home. She looked awfully uncomfy after an hour of binkying and eating the grass out on the lawn, but an hour after that she started hopping around normally and was more interested in the grass. She was doing a lot of cleaning and sitting, mostly upright, but she had a bit of a nibble here and there. When I went to see her she laid down and I could get a good feel of her tummy and it felt normal, then she moved arouhg a bit, dod some stretching adn was right as rain for a bit. I got them back in from the lawn (or rather, two cats including the timid Kiki from next door watching them made them decide to go in!) and she went upstairs in the hutch and looked to be trying to toilet, nibbled some hay once I'd refilled it with new (of course :S), then after a few minutes hopped down to see what Lopsy was doing, leaving a very stringy, egg-shaped poos. She seemed much brighter after that.

I wasn't going to let them out tomorrow but after that I think she needs the extra chance at exercise: when I've asked about helping through moults before exercise was a good thing. They've been on less pellets (half a scoop each) to encourage hay eating, and plenty of brambles plus a small amount of cowparsley, cleavers/stickyweed and dandelions. They've been on the grass about twice a week for the last 3-4 weeks, for 2-4hrs each time. Today, they've got extra hay-filled tubes to encourage exercise and hay eating.

Lopsy's been fine: elongated poos and chained poos could be anybun's but I think they're from both TBH. Although she grooms him more so maybe she's more prone?! He does have longer fur... :S

Fingers crossed everybun's OK tomorrow! :D

Aww no, I hope Aboleth will be ok. It does sound like there's a fair bit of fur working it's way through. It's horrible when you have a nagging feeling that something isn't quite right but they're still eating and pooing. Let's hope the bramble leaves work their magic!

Boo does stringy poo when moulting - it can't be nice for them. Fingers crossed she is feeling 100% very soon

Frosty did a stringy poo when he first came to us, he was moulting heavily! I have been brushing him twice a day and theres been no more strung together poops thankfully. Fingers crossed she will be feeling better tomorrow:thumb:

She was... sort of back to her normal self by pellets time last nght: she didn't want to jump up on to the windowsill! That's a prerequisiite for pellets in this household :) But she was fine, I think she was tryig to figure out how to get up with Lopsy in the way :roll: She was certainly eating the hay cookie fine, and that's gone today, and the brambles were apparently being well-consumed last night (OH informed me: I was in bed by the time he got home and did them :)) and there's little left this morning. She seems OK, sleepy but it's normal time for that, and she's sitting OK.

She's got a thing about being brushed: she doesn't like it most of the time but if you keep on at her with it she'll just let you do it to get it over with :love: She's a special girl :D

She's still not right. Input and output OK, and bright and ready for food etc. the majority of the time, but not herself here and there. Hoping it'll blow over after a few day's trying to brush her! She'll stress going to the vets so trying to avoid that (she doesn't like not being in control of her own movement, even a litter tray being dragged/lifted with her in it isn't a good place fer her!) but any deterioration or longer unhappy spells, she'll be going.

Back