• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another new bunny person to the forum.

Hello.............

This is my first time in the forum after being directed here by a friend called Annie (we met when i took on one of her bunnies called George, who i then successfully bonded with my little dwarf called Willow). :)

I am looking for a new hobby to fill up my spare time when i am not working (i am a full time veterinary nurse) and would love to foster un wanted rabbits until a permanent home is found.

I would love any tips on starting out as a fosterer.

Laura

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Forum and you have certainly arrived at the right place to learn some rabbit tips.
We are here to help as much as possible, so please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes
Adele and 26 Rabbits

Hello

I'm sort of new too, but already settled in. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. Might be doing a bit of fostering myself soon, so we can learn together.

As of today we have two bunnies, both 1.5/2 yr old lionheads. Branwen has been with us since Febuary and Casey a matter of hours. Only just named him in fact (that's why he is aka Rolo, that is his previous/other name)

Look forward to taking to you :)

Sage

PS I love your bunnies names.

Hi Laura,

I'm trying to start fostering as well, But none of my local rescues use fosterers, Although the RSPCA have been in touch and I will be speaking to them in the week.
First thing I'd try is ringing your local rescues and find out if they foster out, It's no good getting all set up with hutches and then finding no one to foster for.

Good luck, keep us posted.

:bunny:

hi , i,m new as well and i,ve found that everyone is really nice here . I have one housebunny , he ,s called cheeky and is 5 and a half years old . :wave:

Hi Laura

Just for info, I recently found my first foster bunny from this forum. Like you I was wanting to foster bunnies until they found a forever home and saw Whiskey on the forum who was desperately looking for a new home as she could no longer stay with her current owners.

I suggested that I fostered her until she could find a new home but I've also taken full responsibility for her in terms of finding her a new home, costs etc.

It might be worth keeping your eyes open for bunnies in need on the forum who need to find a home quickly (usually the one's who aren't already at a rescue centre)

Just a suggestion! :)

20.gif

Extra special welcome to you Laura cos I seemed to have missed this one, sorry!

Has anyone asked for pictures yet ............. anyone?....................... am I too late......................has she posted them anywhere else?

Sheesh, I'm so busy just now, I wish those clients wouldn't interrupt my RU surfing................ so annoying :shock: ............... :lol:

Back