• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay syndicate South coast - anyone interested? UD ordered and arriving Friday !!

catherine09

Mama Doe
So I have been having troubles getting nice hay recently and have been highly recommended this hay http://www.colehay.co.uk/ and have sent for samples.

If the samples are as good as I am told they are (I have asked for Meadow, Ryegrass and Timothy) then I am looking to make an order from them, it doesn't make financial sense to buy the bales singly as they are £12.50 + £7.50 postage each BUT they will send up to 40 bales on a pallet which makes them about £8/9 each! The only problem is whilst I do get through a substantial amount of hay, I won't get through that many so am wondering whether anyone wants to club in with me who is local?

I'll only be doing this if the bales are substantially better than the ones I can get here locally, but I am hopeful they are!

I'm located in Chandlers Ford and happy to do the initial order, as long as I know some of them will be going to new homes! :lol:

Anyone potentially interested??

Last edited:
I would love to buy bales but the problem is transporting them as I dont drive. Hope you find some takers as its a really brilliant idea.

I would definitely be interested as I could pick up a bale on my way to or from work - and have bunny cuddles at the same time :love:. I don't get through an enormous amount of hay as I only have the three buns and two piggies but I always buy a bale as a bag goes nowhere and costs a fortune.

I usually get it from the farm shop in Wickham as the staff put it in the car for me and then I get one of my non-arthritic friends or neighbours to pop it in the wheelie bin for me. I could possibly drop a bale off for tulsi depending on where she lives. I live in Havant and work in Otterbourne.

Catherine

How large are the hay bales and how many do you need to sell to make it viable for you?

I don’t have a huge storage area, but currently use both timothyhay.co,uk and hayandstraw.co.uk and your bales would be half their price

Thanks

R

Catherine

How large are the hay bales and how many do you need to sell to make it viable for you?

I don’t have a huge storage area, but currently use both timothyhay.co,uk and hayandstraw.co.uk and your bales would be half their price

Thanks

R

Hi Motty,

It's not that I'm selling them, at all, just passing them on at the price I pay. I just don't want to order 40 bales and then be stuck with all of them with limited storage :) I can store that amount temporarily if I know they are going to new homes but not long term! I can order less than 40 on the pallet but of course that pushes the price of each one up as the cost of delivery is the same whether it be 20 or 40! They're 15kg bales and individually wrapped in hessian bags like the timothyhay.co.uk ones

I buy timothyhay.co.uk hay too, it's not the same quality but the one I have a sample for smells divine and the buns devoured it. The quality of hay at timothyhay.co.uk has gone down too as they have ran out of their barn dried stuff :(

Ok - so I have bitten the bullet and ordered them!! I have 15 meadow and 25 timothy 15kg hay bales arriving on Friday :shock:

They are 15kg each, super super tightly packed so I had to put the bag into another larger bag and cut it, to be able to easily get the hay out. The plus side of this is they are much more compact than normal 15kg bales.

If anyone is interested, please PM me :thumb:

Back