• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heart is yelling YES...head is whispering no..

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Just been into my local Jollys ...they have a rescue bun...a gorgeous chocolate brown doe.
They don't know much about her...she was surrendered when they learnt he intended to leave her alone in a hutch for 3 months whilst he went away on holiday.
So I doubt she is vaccinated or spayed and I have no spare quarantine space...or the spare cash for the vaccinations or spays.
Oh but she is just beautiful though. Really friendly and started tooth grinding when I gave her nosey strokes...I think that is what got me.

Anyone in Kent who could help prehaps?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

P@H will give you a voucher for neutering and vaccinating with the in-store vets. Can J's offer anything?
I know what I would do....
.........so no real help at all....:lol:

Another thought - is she chipped? If she came from P@H originally, she may be chipped and you may be able to get some history on her.
Well done on the staff at J's - she's better off now anyway.

As you have stated this :

So I doubt she is vaccinated or spayed and I have no spare quarantine space...or the spare cash for the vaccinations or spays.

I'd say dont get her. Also, what about your impending transplant , isn't caring for the Pets you already have enough work ?

Keep your 'sensible' hat on !

It sounds as if Jollys cares, so won't let her go to an unsuitable home, which a relief. I totally understand the impulse feeling - heart saying yes head saying no, it's difficult isn't it :lol:

I'd agree with not having the funds for spay and vax it'd be best to leave her for a home which does. Whilst we still have a long way to go in education for bunny care, we've also come a long way and there are lots of people suitable to care for rabbits, just as well as us on the forum can :love:

How lovely of you to see if anyone can help. I'm sure with a lovely temperement like that, she won't be waiting long for a good home xx

Yep, sorry, I have to agree that it would be probably be best not to. Very difficult to resist though.

No, don't do it. When there are no buns, you have your life back. You might not have wanted to miss the experience but the freedom afterwards is an absolute revelation.

As you have stated this :

I'd say dont get her. Also, what about your impending transplant , isn't caring for the Pets you already have enough work ?

Keep your 'sensible' hat on !

I tend to forget about that - I somehow think it will all be all right on the night :lol:

No - you're all completely right though and I won't be rehoming her - with all the best will in the world, I wouldn't be able to give her the home and time and love she deserves - which is sad but that's the way it roll sometimes:?

I tend to forget about that - I somehow think it will all be all right on the night :lol:

No - you're all completely right though and I won't be rehoming her - with all the best will in the world, I wouldn't be able to give her the home and time and love she deserves - which is sad but that's the way it roll sometimes:?

You look very fetching in that 'Sensible Hat' :D

She sounds lovely so I am sure she will be rehomed soon. But I agree you should keep your sensible hat on :thumb:

Just been into my local Jollys ...they have a rescue bun...a gorgeous chocolate brown doe.
They don't know much about her...she was surrendered when they learnt he intended to leave her alone in a hutch for 3 months whilst he went away on holiday.
Oh but she is just beautiful though. Really friendly and started tooth grinding when I gave her nosey strokes...I think that is what got me.

Anyone in Kent who could help prehaps?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Haha Fellie you naughty person :lol:

I should change the title of this thread to include "KENT' so that someone will come along who wants a bunny from that area :D

Aw, you are kind to think of this bun, I've been there (as I'm sure most of us have) when you really want to, but you know that realistically you can't. I'm sure they will find a lovely home x

I agree... Keep your sensible hat on!
I took in a female lion head last year from a terrible situation....2 weeks later she gave birth to 3 babies....a year on and after paying for all to be spayed, neutered, vaccinated and new housing to be built as well as feeding and bedding costs over this last year, Princess, Leia, Leo and Adam are all still here and are now my babies and part of my family.
Did I expect or plan to take on 4 extra bunnies?! NO! Will my head rule my heart more in future...YES!
(Do I love the 4 a ridiculous amount....of course :p:love::oops: )

Xxx

It's hard to resist tooth purring buns. My bun Stakki was tooth purring and hand licking from Day 1 and still does today. But it sounds as if you are right not to rehome her.

Back