• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pernod UPDATE ... New arrival at Barc .. Maybe be upsetting for some

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
7ffc63cb2b897e1a4ba42a904b17a1f2.jpg
da6fab29ac31435f8c7543cd1b52d504.jpg

This is Pernod ( as in the drink )

He arrived here this week

He was a stray I was told ... His leg is horribly deformed .
He went in for x rays today ... And in it you can plainly see that he has a broken femur and a dislocated hip .
He also has a misshaped spine .

Our vet says the injury is consistent with a kick injury or with being stood on .
It is an old injury ... At least 2 months old .

Someone took this boy in as a stray 2 month ago .. Despite his odd leg they never got any vet treatment , nothing at all , not even a check .

The leg has now healed with the femur folded .

He does not seem to be in pain . Amputation is not an option .

So we will leave him as he is for now .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
7ffc63cb2b897e1a4ba42a904b17a1f2.jpg
da6fab29ac31435f8c7543cd1b52d504.jpg

This is Pernod ( as in the drink )

He arrived here this week

He was a stray I was told ... His leg is horribly deformed .
He went in for x rays today ... And in it you can plainly see that he has a broken femur and a dislocated hip .
He also has a misshaped spine .

Our vet says the injury is consistent with a kick injury or with being stood on .
It is an old injury ... At least 2 months old .

Someone took this boy in as a stray 2 month ago .. Despite his odd leg they never got any vet treatment , nothing at all , not even a check .

The leg has now healed with the femur folded .

He does not seem to be in pain . Amputation is not an option .

So we will leave him as he is for now .

Thank you for taking him in, and bless him :love:

I had to keep calm whilst I read what you wrote, as my heart was heaving.
But thank you for posting it x

Oh the poor baby :cry:
I'm so glad you have him now. Precious bub. I hope he will be okay. xxxx

Poor little thing, I'm glad he doesn't appear to be in pain now, but I imagine that would have been very painful at the time x

Pernod ... New arrival at Barc .. Maybe be upsetting for some

I feel sick seeing this. how much would it cost to have this fixed?

Unfortunately it's not a matter of cost

It is an old injury at least 2 months old possibly longer .
The bone has fused into that position now .
It can't be fixed

Last edited:
Aw, what a little cutie! Poor lil guy, I imagine someone is available to give him cuddles and nose rubs?? If not, I may have to visit..

He's so beautiful!

Poor love though.

How is he getting around? I want to send him nose rubs. Xx

I'm interested to know if it drags? Though I can see why amputation isn't going to work :S He's a lovely little thing though :D

Mmm, I can kinda picture it :) I suppose as long as bloodflow is good and he can keep it clean, there's no big problem: hoping it stays that way :D

Yes he has some feeling in it too

The biggest danger is catching it on something
But he us quite agile for a disabled bunny bless him

When I was younger, about 8 I think. My mum and dad took in a bunny that had a deformed leg. Apparently he was born with it, but the vet seemed to think he broke it when he was a very young bun. The breeder was going to dispose of... so my mum said we would have him in a heart beat! He had the most amazing temperament and coped remarkably well with it. He went for regular check ups to the vets when he was younger with him growing... but every time did so well. He used to hop around, always kept himself clean and ate like a trooper. My Mum was always worried he would catch it, but think because he had it from such an early age, he was so aware of it and we never had any issues. At the age of 3, he developed really bad arthritis, and had a problem with his hip and spine so we had to let him go. But from what I remember he was an amazing little bunny.

It breaks my heart to think anyone could have done that to him.. he's a gorgeous boy :love: really hope someone out there is willing to give him the forever home he deserves :love:

Back