• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teddy Bun Unwell

Beau Belle

Mama Doe
So my little Teddy was off his breakfast this morning - most unusual, he usually sits by his bowl waiting for me to serve. We offered a plate of greens, which would normally be gone within a few minutes. No interest. He then tried hiding - n e v e r happens, he demands attention *all* the time.

I took him to the vet. Teeth fine, no temperature, tummy felt normal... Still, we were given Metacam, Emprid and Ritadine (?) plus critical care. He had first lot of medicine and perked up for a while.

We've fed him every 60-90 minutes through the day, and after each feed he hops over to his bowl and munches on a small bit of greens or a pellet, before hopping off to have a lie down again. He's not hiding per se, but he's not in the living room with me - which is where he'd normally be, begging for attention.

It's almost time for 2nd lot of medication.l so waiting to see what happens.

I'm very worried, but also puzzled. Yesterday was a not a great day for me; I had a wisdom tooth out so anxiety was sky high, and when I came back I was in a lot of pain and not my usual self for the rest of the day. Do you think this would have caused him to feel poorly? Or am I reading too much into it?

He was eating, binkying and wanting attention yesterday - and then not himself this morning...

I don't know what to do.

It might be a reaction to you being stressed yesterday, not sure. Hope he is back to normal tomorrow and you are out of pain. xx

So my little Teddy was off his breakfast this morning - most unusual, he usually sits by his bowl waiting for me to serve. We offered a plate of greens, which would normally be gone within a few minutes. No interest. He then tried hiding - n e v e r happens, he demands attention *all* the time.

I took him to the vet. Teeth fine, no temperature, tummy felt normal... Still, we were given Metacam, Emprid and Ritadine (?) plus critical care. He had first lot of medicine and perked up for a while.

We've fed him every 60-90 minutes through the day, and after each feed he hops over to his bowl and munches on a small bit of greens or a pellet, before hopping off to have a lie down again. He's not hiding per se, but he's not in the living room with me - which is where he'd normally be, begging for attention.

I'm very worried, but also puzzled. Yesterday was a not a great day for me; I had a wisdom tooth out so anxiety was sky high, and when I came back I was in a lot of pain and not my usual self for the rest of the day. Do you think this would have caused him to feel poorly? Or am I reading too much into it?

He was eating, binkying and wanting attention yesterday - and then not himself this morning...

I don't know what to do.

Is Teddy drinking? Did the vets administer any fluids?
Sending some vibes for Teddy's quick recovery.

He has a little sip from his bowl every now and then, and there is water in the critical care. He's pee'd a few times. Not many poops though.

Vet did not administer fluid, and did not give injection to get gut moving (I asked about this).

He's just had more medicine so hoping he'll come and nibble his food.

Sorry to read Teddy isn't himself and hoping he is soon back to his old self. Nomming vibes and nose rubs being sent. Xxx

Sorry to hear teddy isn't feeling 100%. My bun has stasis currently and I know how worrying it can be. Nomming vibes for him!

I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry to hear about Teddy, and also that you've been in such pain yourself today.

I see from your update that there are poops!

I hope this means an upward curve, and is he eating for himself yet?? x

He has a little sip from his bowl every now and then, and there is water in the critical care. He's pee'd a few times. Not many poops though.

Vet did not administer fluid, and did not give injection to get gut moving (I asked about this).

He's just had more medicine so hoping he'll come and nibble his food.

I am glad he is drinking and peeing. Even a few poops is encouraging and he will likely have more as his meds make him feel better and he eats more.
Sending you and Teddy more vibes for a productive evening.

I just read your last post about the dance worthy pile of poohs! Allow me to add my own jump for joy!

Teddy is a little marvel this morning - we had a good night as he started eating by himself :D

I do think it may have been a reaction to how I was feeling - OH is at home today (I have to work) so will keep an eye on him, but I believe we're back to normal :D

He is currently laying on the floor watching TV, which is what he usually does when I get ready for work. **love**

Teddy is a little marvel this morning - we had a good night as he started eating by himself :D

I do think it may have been a reaction to how I was feeling - OH is at home today (I have to work) so will keep an eye on him, but I believe we're back to normal :D

He is currently laying on the floor watching TV, which is what he usually does when I get ready for work. **love**

It's good to hear this :D

He sounds to be a very sensitive boy, and attached to you xx

Great news that Teddy is feeling much better :D

Back