• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWA/RWF Information Stand

Lazylops

Alpha Buck
Hello everyone, myself and Jules are holding an RWA/RWF information stand on 23rd October in Pets At Home, Hampshire, for all those who are in the county we would love you to come along and offer moral support and tea. :D :lol:

If you are able to join us then pm me or Jules for further details.

annie

I'll come along :)
If it's not too far of course (I'm about twenty miles from Southampton)

Oh Annie, I just remembered what happened to another group of people who had a similar set up outside a pet store. Before it started, some members of the public brought along their rabbits cos they didn't want them any more............... maybe better take along a couple of pet carriers :? :shock: :? Can anyone remember who it happened to?

Hi Lynda, absolutely, Pets At Home are doing some publicity of the event for us, and we have asked them to stress on the posters that we are not a rescue organisation purely an advisory body. So fingers crossed we won't get that..... :shock:

Annie and I are in complete agreement that neither of us can take on any more bunnies so will be there to support each other in these kind of circumstances :?

Oh. listen to me trying to be strong.. who are we kidding :roll: we all know full well that if a bunny in need is presented to us there we have little choice but to rescue them. We will then need the support from you guys to find them loving homes :D :lol: :D

Lets just hope that all Andover bunnies are well treated / loved and that situation doesn't arise :!:

bunnyhuggger said:
Oh Annie, I just remembered what happened to another group of people who had a similar set up outside a pet store. Before it started, some members of the public brought along their rabbits cos they didn't want them any more............... maybe better take along a couple of pet carriers :? :shock: :? Can anyone remember who it happened to?

That was me Lynda LOL We thouiht that it was going to be a nightmare and we would get a line of people wanting to dump rabbits rather than rehome! It all worked out well in the end and they were all found homes as were many others :) At first I was mortified as I had designed and distrubuted the leaflets and I rushed to check that I had not given the wrong impression to everyone!

what time will you be there? Im working part of the day but might have time after to pop down to say hello.
Chris

aaww cant visit ya then.. i'll be in london at a Bryan Adams concert! :D
hope it goes well.. if you do anymore, basingstoke branch or anything let me know.
Chris

Diddeen said:
aaww cant visit ya then.. i'll be in london at a Bryan Adams concert! :D
hope it goes well.. if you do anymore, basingstoke branch or anything let me know.
Chris

Is it safe to admit this in public? ;-)

Hiya, not to worry, we are hoping to do them trhoughout the south, so Basingstoke should be on the list, will let you know.

enjoy the concert. :lol:

I am going to try and pop down, or should that be up? But first I have to find out where it is in Andover.

My vets is in Andover - pity you aren't there tomorrow as I am there for a check up (well Zeus is - not me - I couldn't afford the vets fees for myself ;) )

So many people on here live around my area. Everywhere I look I see Hampshire and Berkshire coming up on people's profiles.

The Newbury branch might be ameniable - I have chatted to a guy there who seemed quite knowledgeable about rabbits - I think he may have been the manager. I am usually in and out the Basingstoke branch in a flash as I only pop in on the way back from the vets and have the animals in the car so can't be too long.

Caz

It would be fab if you could pop along, more the merrier, we are nearly there, Julia managed to source us a wonderful Display Board which she is collecting this pm, to add a professional look to the stand. So fingers crossed......

What time are you going to be there?

Are you bringing any of your rabbits along? It would be kinda cute and get peoples attention but obviously not sure the rabbits would like it that much!

Are P@H Andover going to have the rabbits and guinea pigs seperate for the event (or do they do it already) and do you have care packs etc to hand out in case people buy a rabbit while you are there or are you going to have a section on rescues and try and persuade people to adopt?

I suppose I could just answer the questions for myself by turning up tomorrow ;) :lol: !

Hope to see you guys tomorrow - good luck!

Caz

Back