• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutral bonding space- How long?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

This question has probably been asked many times (I may have even asked before lol :lol:)!

We brought Ziggy home as a friend for Dottie on Friday evening, they have been together ever since in their neutral enclosure and there have been no issues.

One average, how long is it recommended to give them before moving to their 'permanent' space, which is the room next door?

(I should add I'm not in any rush, the current set up is working well and we can easily leave them for longer).

Thanks x

I would say if 2 rabbits have been fine for 3 days then you shouldn't have a problem moving them. So, it's up to you now. :thumb:

Agree with tonibun
I normally want 2 to 3 days with no issues before moving to shared accomodation. I tend to have their shared space reduced in size and gradually increase.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Agree with tonibun
I normally want 2 to 3 days with no issues before moving to shared accomodation. I tend to have their shared space reduced in size and gradually increase.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^ this :thumb:

Hi all,

This question has probably been asked many times (I may have even asked before lol :lol:)!

We brought Ziggy home as a friend for Dottie on Friday evening, they have been together ever since in their neutral enclosure and there have been no issues.

One average, how long is it recommended to give them before moving to their 'permanent' space, which is the room next door?

(I should add I'm not in any rush, the current set up is working well and we can easily leave them for longer).

Thanks x

I think it totally depends on how comfortable they are with each other, and how comfortable *you* are to let them go to their permanent space. I take it you've 'neutralised' (as far as possible!) their room?

So if I think a couple are perfectly in love and have no qualms, then I might give it one or max two more days, then watch carefully when I put them back. I doubt I would leave it three days, but then I guess I have a fair bit of confidence with bonding x

Usually the advice is at least 2 clear days after any humping chasing etc, before extending space or moving them. It sounds like they are very much in love :love:

Thank you for all the replies :)

He is quite humpy still, so does that need to stop before we move them then?

I haven't neutralised the room yet, but will certainly do that before moving them. We are able to reassemble what they are in now in the other room, before giving them full access x

Moving them to a new room might make him hump a little bit but all the more reason for them to have more space so she can move away :D

Thank you for all the replies :)

He is quite humpy still, so does that need to stop before we move them then?

I haven't neutralised the room yet, but will certainly do that before moving them. We are able to reassemble what they are in now in the other room, before giving them full access x

Humping may well continue, and even *increase* on moving to a different area. Kind of like - 'Oh I haven't done it in here - let's have a go' ... But it should soon settle down.

I would go by how much it's bothering *her*.

Back