• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Awesome Rabbit Treats!!

Star-Dust

New Kit
So, I've been wanting to make my bunny treats for a long time, but I am careful with what I feed her. She LOVES carrots and any other kind of fruit or vegetable, and I give them to her as treats. But if she does something to deserve a treat, I don't have enough time to go to the kitchen and cut up a carrot to give it to her. So I decided to dry some cut-up carrots and put them somewhere easily accessible. SHE LOVES THEM!! I think I am going to try apples, next. :) Here is how I did it: Preheat the oven on 200 degrees Fahrenheit, cut up a carrot and put it into a glass pan. (The thinner the slices of carrot, the faster they'll dry.) Let them dry in the oven for about 2 1/2 hours. (The carrots will be much smaller when they're done.) You could probably store these in an airtight container. (You don't have to do just carrots, you could do apples or bananas or whatever, get creative! ;))

I can see your point but we tend to steer away from carrots and apple as they are too high in sugar - this is why they like them so much!

Good idea but mine are prone to dental issues so I make them hay treats instead.
Remember when they dry the sugar content is much higher so feed sparingly ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back