• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What weight should a Mini lop be?

ANNASBUNNIES

Warren Scout
Hi,

I just wondered what weight a mini lop should be? My rabbit Gizmo weighs 2.74kg is that a little overweight?

Anna

Xx

I think up to 3kg is acceptable but the body scoring system is a much better indication.

Next time you're at the vets, ask them to show you what the body scoring system is.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi,

I just wondered what weight a mini lop should be? My rabbit Gizmo weighs 2.74kg is that a little overweight?

Anna

Xx

Anna it's so difficult to say - a lot depends on whether they are pure bred, or a cross breed (with a larger rabbit). Has your vet said something about Gizmo's weight, or does he feel a bit plump to you? x

Hope you're OK :wave:

Anna it's so difficult to say - a lot depends on whether they are pure bred, or a cross breed (with a larger rabbit). Has your vet said something about Gizmo's weight, or does he feel a bit plump to you? x

Hope you're OK :wave:

Hi, the vets not said anything about Gizmo, I just got him to weigh him so I can keep an eye on his weight, he is a very fluffy bunny so don't think he's overweight. I'm ok and Gizmo seems ok but does keep pooping on his cuddly toy ��

Hi, the vets not said anything about Gizmo, I just got him to weigh him so I can keep an eye on his weight, he is a very fluffy bunny so don't think he's overweight. I'm ok and Gizmo seems ok but does keep pooping on his cuddly toy ��

Oh bless him :love:

Maybe once the summer comes, he sheds a bit of weight and a bit of his fluffy coat, you can see him in his true colours :)

if the vet wasn't worried and never mentioned him being overweight, I really wouldn't worry, its good to monitor the weight though
weights can very a lot especially in not purebred mini lops, they could have bit of dwarf or anything in them meaning there weights can vary alot

My bridge boy Rio was classed as a minilop by the vet,he was pet shop bun,so parentage was probably mixed,he weighed nearly four kilos,mind you he did love his food.

Back