• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NCI Rabbit Insurance Experiences

Thanks for this Max, very useful, found a post by Cpayne as well who went with them too. Have messaged her for feedback. Not saying too much yet, may have a Rex on the horizion! She's beautiful and she has a great healthy background so that's a big bonus. Will post if this works out bur looking 90%! But defo can't do it without insurance.

Thanks for this Max, very useful, found a post by Cpayne as well who went with them too. Have messaged her for feedback. Not saying too much yet, may have a Rex on the horizion! She's beautiful and she has a great healthy background so that's a big bonus. Will post if this works out bur looking 90%! But defo can't do it without insurance.

Ooh good luck :love:

:D :love:

I have two Rex does insured with NCI. I haven't had to claim for anything but whenever I have called to update details they have been really helpful and nothing indicating that they were useless (unlike some providers I spoke with!)
My rexes are sisters from the same litter, total characters! The live indoors but they love to chew so I protect what needs protecting and don't have anything I don't want chewed hanging around.
They adore thier food, so can gain weight easily, but this also means you can give them lots of variety in their diet.
They are very sweet, and they sleep on my bed (and managed to chew a hole in my new pjs while I slept wearing them!), nuzzle me for treats in the morning, they have never bitten or even threatened to, although they grunt in distaste when I do something they don't approve of- such as picking them up to put in travel cage! They grunt at each other if one thinks the other has a treat and they don't.
They are happy (as happy as rabbits can be!) with being picked up and handled, I clip thier nails myself and do that sort of thing and they are very good for it. They enjoy a nice groom with a soft brush too!
Thier fur does get wverywhere as it's so soft and light, I have a small handheld hoover thing and I use that every couple of days and have a good go around every week with the big Hoover.
I keep an eye on thier hocks as they are presdisposed to sore hocks, but the worst I had was a bald patch- I keep thier nails short now and this helps. I have never had a problem with their teeth, they always look great at the vets.
All in all I wouldn't be without my girls now, fab temperaments, healthy, cheeky, amazing binkies and they have made me very biased towards rexes!

I'm with NCI. One of my posts is on the thread MM found so won't go into all the details again.

I've claimed for Nancy twice (second being a continuation claim). No problems with paying out - straight to bank account and regular email updates as to how the claim was progressing.

Rabbitches, thanks for a great description of your rex girls, they sound lovely! Defo Rexes r going to be a new experience for us.

Den, thank you for your post about claiming. I have since found out that the rex we r hoping to adopt is just under 5 so pet plan is now an option . Which do u think is the better policy ? NCI or petplan ?? I know NCI r cheaper, but got a quote from petplan for £12.83 per month.

I'm with NCI. One of my posts is on the thread MM found so won't go into all the details again.

I've claimed for Nancy twice (second being a continuation claim). No problems with paying out - straight to bank account and regular email updates as to how the claim was progressing.
That's good to know as no doubt there will come a time when I have to claim.

Is NCI Rabbit Insurance a 'for-life' policy?
It's not just an annual policy, where claims are excluded next year?

Is NCI Rabbit Insurance a 'for-life' policy?
It's not just an annual policy, where claims are excluded next year?

Mines for life. I've claimed for Nancy's eye in seperate years. Her premiums higher than Will's though.

Back