• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling sad

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
A month ago my old lady Cookie Dough became ill . X rays showed she had and enlarged heart that was pressing on her wind pipe and compressing her lungs . [emoji29]

We started her on medication and thankfully she improved . I was over the moon to see my old Cookie livelier than she had been for ages .

But yesterday she had a relapse . She really isn't good .

We have added another med to her treatment so she is now on 3 different things . There won't be much room to up anything now [emoji22]

She's not a people bunny but she has been a nursemaid and gentle companion to my late Nemo and Mr Magoo and now her husbun Noddy .

It's breaking my heart to think we may lose her [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A month ago my old lady Cookie Dough became ill . X rays showed she had and enlarged heart that was pressing on her wind pipe and compressing her lungs . [emoji29]

We started her on medication and thankfully she improved . I was over the moon to see my old Cookie livelier than she had been for ages .

We have added another med to her treatment so she is now on 3 different things . There won't be much room to up anything now [emoji22]

She's not a people bunny but she has been a nursemaid and gentle companion to my late Nemo and Mr Magoo and now her husbun Noddy .

Oh Angie :cry: I do hope that the additional medication helps and that it can buy CD a bit more time. It is really hard to see a much loved Rabbit go into a decline that we fear they may not be able to come out of :cry:

I'm so sorry - what a sad time

Not much change .. She is still eating but seems very tired .
Her breathing is laboured but not causing distress

Not much change .. She is still eating but seems very tired .
Her breathing is laboured but not causing distress

I'm glad she isn't distressed. My asthma is bad at the moment and my breathing sounds far worst than it feels - hopefully it's the same for Cookie Dough.

Topping up the vibes xxxx

I am so sorry to read this. I lost my Rosie last year with an enlarged heart. We opted not to treat Rosie - she was such a non-people stress head. I hope the meds can give Cookie Dough more time with you xx

I am so sorry to read this. I lost my Rosie last year with an enlarged heart. We opted not to treat Rosie - she was such a non-people stress head. I hope the meds can give Cookie Dough more time with you xx

I can understand that .

Cookie , although not a people bunny is coping quite well with the medication routine , she is such a good girl .

But my outdoor bunny Beryl is impossible to medicate at all

Back