• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is half-used Panacur useful to anyone with an EC bunny? 8 half used tubes

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
After Snowflake had an extremely bad stasis episode over the weekend after two days on Panacur I've decided not to continue giving it as a preventative for EC anymore. I don't know if it's what caused it but I don't want to take the chance. Another member sent me something on it that I found worrying and in all honesty I wasn't keen on the idea anyway and I was only doing it on my vet's recommendation. I was about halfway through the course so there's roughly half a tube left, times 8. Snowflake's has an extra dose in it as she missed it when she went into stasis. Pixel's is a bit short as I had a slight accident when squeezing it out and the floor got a good amount of it :oops:

While I don't personally want to use it anymore unless there's a reason to I know that it's still the only way to treat EC so if it's of any use to someone with a bunny/bunnies who actually have EC then I'd rather it went to good use than throw it away. The syringes have never actually come in contact with the bunnies as I was squeezing it onto a leaf to give it to them (so much easier than a fight with a syringe! :p)
If anyone could use it let me know. I won't be able to post it this week as I have no money left at all after vets fees but I should be able to send it next week hopefully. Otherwise I'm thowing it out becuase I really do not like the idea of it anymore. I just thought I'd check beforehand as (as far as I'm aware) it's still the only 'treatment' for EC

Last edited:
Maybe a rescue would take it? I know that a lady who runs a rescue on facebook was asking about buying cheaper panacur in bulk because it was getting very expensive for her buying individual tubes. I think that it was Lost Paws Small Furries Rescue. Xx

Back