• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting indoor rabbits out side

lucy24

Mama Doe
I recently found out I am pregnant. Bit unexpected and very early days but due to this we are wanting to put our indoor rabbits out come summer. We are still living with my parents as we were looking for a house so our plans are all over the place. But the thought of having bunnies in the house and a baby really overwhelms me!

Charlie has had health problems with incontinence due to kidney problems but can go months being fine. Will they be ok outside? They are 6 years old. Just feel very anxious about it all to be honest. I'm hoping I will cope

No advice on the bunny situation but wanted to congratulate you on the pregnancy. I think rabbits can go outside as long as its in warmer months so they build a winter coat but other people on here got more experience than me lol

Hi there, congratulations on the baby! Completely understand that it'll be quite the hassle with rabbits and a baby together indoors. Are they having a shed and run or a hutch and run? Only reason I'm asking is because I'd be inclined to have a shed for bunnies that are 6 years old as I feel this offers more protection and a much warmer place to sleep. Good luck with everything, I'm sure your bunnies will become accustomed to the outdoors with ease. :)

Back