• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pebbles and Benji

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
A little update on Pebbles and Benji. Pebbles has recovered really well after the loss of her eye in October, she's now reached the ripe old age of ten years old, which seems absolutely strange to think I joined this forum when I adopted her in 2007 as a young rabbit, estimated to be between 6-9 months of age.

Benji absolutely adores on her. They were difficult to bond, the loss of her best friend Domino and then her eye, I think it just made her very unsure of things and she kept attacking poor Benji who is just like a lovable oaf :lol:. He's a big soppy thing who doesn't know his own strength but once she realises he just wanted to be her friend they became inseparable. She holds on to his fur at his back when they move around so she knows where to go, and he even runs back to get when he knows she's lost. I miss Domino (and of course Bertie, who never even got to be with Pebbles), but Domino bless him was a selfish little ****** and it's nice seeing Pebbles have a friend who looks after her instead of demanding groomings 24/7 and eating all the food. :lol:

He loves to groom me, he's very much a people bunny. The only issue i've had is that he just wouldn't stop peeing everywhere, and even after a change of carpet he still did it, and now I've resorted to just having the lino and a fleece mat, which isn't ideal for Pebbles but she's coping better than I thought she would.

For a while i will admit I found it very hard to love Benji, I missed Domino was my absolute little soul bunny, and then to lose Bertie so suddenly after I felt very reserved about Benji, I kept waiting for something to go wrong. I ended up just accepting how I felt, knowing he was happy and healthy and he made Pebbles happy. But now I adore the fluffy oaf and his silly ways. He's so friendly, he just adores me and I can't wait to get them both outside for some playtime when the weather is a bit warmer.

Hello SJ :D After all the heartbreak you endured it is a relief to see Pebbles and Benji looking so happy together :love: Pebbles is looking so well too :D

I hope that you are coping as well as possible xx

A little update on Pebbles and Benji. Pebbles has recovered really well after the loss of her eye in October, she's now reached the ripe old age of ten years old, which seems absolutely strange to think I joined this forum when I adopted her in 2007 as a young rabbit, estimated to be between 6-9 months of age.

Benji absolutely adores on her. They were difficult to bond, the loss of her best friend Domino and then her eye, I think it just made her very unsure of things and she kept attacking poor Benji who is just like a lovable oaf :lol:. He's a big soppy thing who doesn't know his own strength but once she realises he just wanted to be her friend they became inseparable. She holds on to his fur at his back when they move around so she knows where to go, and he even runs back to get when he knows she's lost. I miss Domino (and of course Bertie, who never even got to be with Pebbles), but Domino bless him was a selfish little ****** and it's nice seeing Pebbles have a friend who looks after her instead of demanding groomings 24/7 and eating all the food. :lol:

He loves to groom me, he's very much a people bunny. The only issue i've had is that he just wouldn't stop peeing everywhere, and even after a change of carpet he still did it, and now I've resorted to just having the lino and a fleece mat, which isn't ideal for Pebbles but she's coping better than I thought she would.

For a while i will admit I found it very hard to love Benji, I missed Domino was my absolute little soul bunny, and then to lose Bertie so suddenly after I felt very reserved about Benji, I kept waiting for something to go wrong. I ended up just accepting how I felt, knowing he was happy and healthy and he made Pebbles happy. But now I adore the fluffy oaf and his silly ways. He's so friendly, he just adores me and I can't wait to get them both outside for some playtime when the weather is a bit warmer.

They are gorgeous, and what a lovely set up for them.

Wishing them and you loads of happiness :D

My brother made it for me! They had a pen, but I struggled to pull the thin peg/stake out every time so he made me this, I love it.

No, it's just a C shape thats free standing - seems to be holding for now haha, we shall see what happens in a few months :lol:

Back