• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Hay Experts - Hay Samplers

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
Hi All,

Has anyone bought the 4.99 Hay Sampler pack from the Hay Experts? I'm just wondering how much you get. I'm interested in it for making toys by stuffing loo rolls, egg boxes etc. just to make a change from our normal Ings/Meadow Hay.

Thanks! Sorry not around a lot at the moment, the new job is taking me away about 1 week in 4 (or in March 3 weeks out of 4) and otherwise hectic. Bunnies all good, Alexandra is now known as Scarface due to her prominent nose scar but she is healthy & happy as is Nicholas.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Has anyone bought the 4.99 Hay Sampler pack from the Hay Experts? I'm just wondering how much you get. I'm interested in it for making toys by stuffing loo rolls, egg boxes etc. just to make a change from our normal Ings/Meadow Hay.

Thanks! Sorry not around a lot at the moment, the new job is taking me away about 1 week in 4 (or in March 3 weeks out of 4) and otherwise hectic. Bunnies all good, Alexandra is now known as Scarface due to her prominent nose scar but she is healthy & happy as is Nicholas.

Thanks!

I haven't tried the hay sampler, but I was wondering where you'd got to :wave:

Hope the new job is going well?

Hi.

I bought the hay sampler in October last year. I think there was six different bags, they were good handfuls. You could def stuff a few toilet roll tubes with each type.

Our buns loved sampling on the hays. Their fav was the timothy which we now mix in with their meadow hay.

We got quite a few other herb samples for free too. The buns loveeeeee new things to try. :)

You get a few small bags, enough to stuff some tubes. Our rabbits liked the hay but it was so expensive we decided to go with hay for pets (now hay and straw) instead, they do sample packs too but it seems that Ings is the most popular on here. Readigrass and excel herbage/dandelion and marigold are definite favourites for my rabbits

I haven't tried the hay sampler, but I was wondering where you'd got to :wave:

Hope the new job is going well?

Going really well thanks MM! Unfortunately still living at home, so no friends for the current buns yet, but I certainly hope to be in a new house by Autumn. Then 2 can become 4! How are you?

Hi.

I bought the hay sampler in October last year. I think there was six different bags, they were good handfuls. You could def stuff a few toilet roll tubes with each type.

Our buns loved sampling on the hays. Their fav was the timothy which we now mix in with their meadow hay.

We got quite a few other herb samples for free too. The buns loveeeeee new things to try. :)

Great, thank you! You've persuaded me. It's the actual different hays I want, I have Readigrass so could ask them to switch it out. I have visions of toilet rolls hanging on string with taster hays in.

Going really well thanks MM! Unfortunately still living at home, so no friends for the current buns yet, but I certainly hope to be in a new house by Autumn. Then 2 can become 4! How are you?

Double your bunnies! :D

I am fine thank you - gained a stray rabbit who is small but does the biggest cannonball poos I have seen of any rabbit :shock:

Roxyroller sent us some hay from timothyhay.co.uk and I swear they are getting even bigger :lol:

You get a few small bags, enough to stuff some tubes. Our rabbits liked the hay but it was so expensive we decided to go with hay for pets (now hay and straw) instead, they do sample packs too but it seems that Ings is the most popular on here. Readigrass and excel herbage/dandelion and marigold are definite favourites for my rabbits

Thanks Demi. I use Hay & Straw for bulk Hay but I like the idea of small quantities of different hays to make toys, like the dandelion and marigold. I rotate between Ings & Meadow for bulk Hay to keep life interesting. Your description sounds perfectly what I'm looking for.

Hi All,

Thanks!

You get 6 different ones. Definitely enough in each for a kitchen roll tube to be filled.

I order from the Hay Experts a lot and often buy this pack -always the same 6 hays though.

Back