• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing My bunnies

Leanne J

New Kit
I would like to introduce Fritz Harry and Romeo. I will try and upload some pics when i work out how to reduce the file size.

Romeo is our two year old three legged female lionhead, we recently lost her companion cupid, we went out one Sunday morning and when we came back it looked like someone or something had tried to skin its back, there was no damage to the cage other than the wire lookedlike it had been cut. The wound could not be stiched so on the vets advise we had him pts.

We went to our local rescue centre and came home with a 9 week old lionhead lop called Harry. He is gorgeous, really friendly.

The next day we took my brother and he got a lop called Desmond. We saw Fritz an 18 month old Grman Lop and fell in love, see sad but true on this website http://www.animal-lifeline.co.uk

We are hoping to pair harry and Romeo up, we are looking for a companion for Fritz but have had no luck so far, German lops seem hard to come by.

Hello Leanne and welcome :wave:. Well done for rescuing Fritz. These sad but true stories are tragic.

Welcome to the forum!

I havn't seen many rabbits labelled German Lops in rescues but rabbits descibed a 'large lops' that are somewhere between a french lop and a dwarf lop (ie roughly the size of a german) are easier to find. If you don't mind a cross breed then it may be easier to track one down.

Bramcote in Nottinghamshire have a couple of large females in. One is a new zealand (but a small one) and the other a British Giant/French Lop (which might be a bit big you'd have to ask exactly what size she is.

ARC (middlesexhave a medium-large female lop in, although someone mentioned they had had an outbreak of myxy so I'm not sure when the quarentine period is over.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head there might be a couple of possible leads on RR itself - www.rabbitrehome.org.uk don't ignore the older ads as sometimes it takes awhile for buns to find a home.

Goodluck with your search! And I hope to see some piccies soon ;)

Hiya Leannne and Bunnies...a huge welcome to RU Forum.

Best wishes from Adele and 26 Sanctuary Bunnies (or at least it was 26 at the last head count :shock: ) :lol: :lol:

Hi Leanne and welcome to the Forum. I have a three legged rabbit too, she still manages to run about and get into mischief :lol: :? .

HELLO

Hello and Welcome,

Try Microsoft Photo Editor (on most pcs)

Resize the image - use Pixels as the measurement size then type in the required size - (80*80 is good for avatars)

Steve

Welcome to you and your furry family!

What an awful thing to happen to a bunnie ;-( Did you ever find out what happened?

hugs
amber

welcome Leanne :lol:

I am so sorry that this happened to your bunny - so sad. I have looked at the web site you gave us and am so upset about the state of the poor animals. How could anyone let this happen?

Fritz is doing fine now he has some space to run around, the first few days he was terrified whenever you put in back in the hutch, he is really friendly now and comes to see anyone that goes outside. The only problem we have is that he wakes us up banging for cuddles at 4am every morning.

We never did find out wat really happeend to Cupid, although I find it hard to belive the vet was more of the opinion it was a someone rather than a something that got it.

Harry and Fritz were neutered today so are feeling a bit sorry for themselves. They are allowed to stay inside tonight (I'm never usually allwed them in the house, which is a shame. We used to let Romeo and Cupid in every night at my Mum's.

Back