• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where did your latest addition come from?

Where did your latest addition come from?

• Large Petshop Chain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Petshop

• Rescue

• Small Ads

• Friend/Family Member

• Stray

• Other

• Total voters

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
As a comparison to first buns, where did the most recent rabbit addition to your household come from?

Tam
Ps votes are anonymous

hi
,mine can direct from a breeder she was very frindly and helpful and i already know her quite well but she sat with me and told me how to groom my rabbit propley as it is a mini cash and gave me a change of food so i can gradualy start putting it onto my food.
they was another new additon too but they breed them my self
becky

Well, its rather a funny story really.

Graceson came running in saying Bugzee is out and running around in a empty section up the road. This is after 1/2 an hour chasing this bunny around a section with knee high grass!! ) Thats the funny part :) But she was at home safe and sound.

About a month later I spotted this bunny looking skinny and roaming around the house on the corner. Two weeks later I saw him again looking very skinny.

Wells, that was more than enough for me. Armed with Bugzee harnessed up and Graceson and me we set off on a mission!! Rescue time!! The ppl living in the house thought, "he was a good pet as they didn`t need to do anything and ate the weeds and a few of there plants, but hay, thems the breaks." I said I was willing to take him on and have him living inside with Bugzee and they were more than welcome to come and visit:)

I`m proud to say hes now looking plump and has a wonderfully shiny coat which is the total opposite of when we first got him. :)

Shadowthedayweresucedhim.jpg

Shadow.jpg

bronie

[/img]

My latest addition is a Steel Butterfly German Lop that came all the way from his breeder in Scotland to me in the Midlands on Saturday thanks to another breeder acting as courier.

Here he is, what a stunner!!!

184430620pgDOjJ_th.jpg

Yvonne

Hi Bronie, you bunny looks like a really cheeky character, and I enjoyed your happy Bunny rescue tale. :D
Yvonne Sonic is a gorgeous bunny too, and I would have travelled to the ends of the World to find him, and not just to Bonnie Scotland :lol:
My husband says we have more than enough bunnies on our own doorstep though, so it is probably best I do go out seeking bunnies from elsewhere tempting as it is :? ...I would come back home with the car brimming with bunnies each time :shock: :lol: :lol:

Tilly the Angora was our last new arrival and she came from a Breeder via Kim and then Lany, so do I tick Breeder or Friend??..sorry to be a nuisance Tamsin... :roll: :lol: :lol:

I quite happily admit the latest addition to the mad house came from that large pet superstore but I won't repeat his story here, it's in General chat under 'They're Not All Bad You Know'

Angela

My latest additions are the delectable Florence and Mr. B who are rescues - courtesy of Lazylops, not that they were hers, she was just the catalyst by which, or should I say whom (is Lazylops actually human??? :lol: ), I got these two sweet wabbits.

I am more proud of these two than anybody because I think they have improved so much since they have lived with us! They are two happy little souls who just love their routine. :D

My first two rabbits came from a pet shop (who wrongly sexed them) luckily it was spotted by the vet in time to get them nutered/spayed.

When we lost one of our rabbits we got a nine week old to pair up with the other one from Animal Lifeline in Sutton, Surrey

We also got our German Lop from there.

Our latest addition is Heidi a two year old French Lop, we collected on friday, who also came from Animal Lifeline www.animal-lifeline.co.uk

Thats quite a difference! It looks like peoples first buns came from a wide variety of sources, with 41% from a petshop of some kind and a roughly even 14/12% from breeders/rescue respectivly.

The latest addition however is almost all from either a breeder (30%) or rescue (45%). Perhaps indicating a little more thought and less impulse? Only 9% from a petshop.

Tam

My latest came from a rescue. Two out of my 6 do come from shops, and I know it's naughty, but sometimes I just think it's nice to get to a bunny before it's been mistreated and abandoned for 6 months. I have four others not from the shops to make up for it, and I adore my little rescue buns, but the two little girls were very pretty and I just wanted them. :oops: There was no way on Earth they weren't going to sell as they're gorgeous little things, and the shops themselves had them in good long runs, separated by sex and breed, plenty of water and hay and toys, so I don't feel that bad about it.

When I went out for my lionhead, my little boy Chips was in serious distress. His brother had died about a week before and he was incredibly distraught. There was a shortage of does in the area and I was more concerned about getting him bonded again than about the origin of the rabbit in question. I'm convinced that she saved his sanity, but she is completely evil and I very much doubt that she wouldn't have ended up abandoned herself.

With little Monopoly there were no noble reasons at all. She was just gorgeous and I couldn't resist. On the plus side, she's the reason we then went out and rescued Sheffield. So sometimes pet shops do have a silver lining.

Just to expand on what Bertie said, Sheffield is a rescue bunny and had been all but abandoned. He wasn't very sociable, was very territorial and tended to bite, scratch, thump and charge. A month or two later he's one of our friendliest bunnies. And I do have a soft spot for boy bunnies with sticky-up ears. :)

My 2 came from a breeder who ran a shop...if that makes sense.

We went to the garden centre for a nose around one day and they have seperate shops which people rent. One was a bunny shop and we were looking round them and in one cage (a large cage) were about 8 babies and we were looking and I kept saying how sweet they were and Nick agreed that I could have one for my birthday. He bought the cage etc and I bought the actual rabbit. I picked a gorgeous white one who had brown ears, a brown line on the base of her spin and bit of brown on her head and was running around showing off.

We got home and realised that she had charged us twice for the cage, so we called them and agreed to go back the next day to arrange a refund. Nick was kind of sulking that I had a bunny so out of the refund we got Sweep a black and white lop.

So we went for a wander round the garden centre to kill time and ended up with 2 bunnies!

Back