• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello bunny lovers

Denny

Mama Doe
hi

my name is Denise but only get called that when family members r in a mood with me, usually get called Den or Denny.

Have been on this site (since finding it) since Feb this year and I think it is wonderful. I take my hat off to u all and all the good work that rescues do - i think u r very brave with a big heart of gold.

I lost my bunny Feb this year ( totally heart broken and still am) a month after losing my 17.5 year old cat. I had every intention of getting a rescue bun once I found out that there was all these unwanted rabbits, I have even enquired into a few at rgprescue in Rugby (sorry I have not been intouch Tracey) but I am not sure i am ready yet. I see all these rabbits and just want them all. I have put a few noses out of joint in a couple of pet shops and reported one to the rspca, needless to say their faces drop when i walk in but i still go and have a look anyway. my mum and sister have to drag me out of them these days for fear i'll start a row.

My bunny was called 'Mr Bo-Jangles' a dwarf lop house rabbit, and reading one of the topics regarding cats and rabbits, I have to tell u that, I still have one cat left 18 years old now) and i had to protect him from the rabbit. Maybe its because my cat is old i dont know but Bo-jangles would chase him down the garden and even at the ripe old age of 18, my cat can still jump a six foot fence.

I better leave it there before this turns into a book

best wishes

Denny

Hi there Denny and a huge welcome to the RU Forum..hope you will enjoy your time here with us bunny mummys and daddys :D

I am sorry to hear about your Bunny, Mr Bo -Jangles
We have a Sanctuary of 26 bunnies and they are a handful, but a lovely handful :lol:

Hi Denny,

Sorry to hear of your loss, I'm sure you'll find the right bunny when the time is right.

Hi Denny - welcome to the forum :wave:

I am sure there are many people here who will help you find that special bunny, when you are ready. :)

hello Den, it took me a good few months, maybe 6 actually, before i got Al and Steve after my 8 year old Dutch, Domino, died. it really is heartbreaking isn't it.

Norman, my cat, helped ease the pain of loosing such a dear friend, i got him 4 months after i lost Dom. now i have 3 rabbits and while they can never replace Dom, i love them all.

i found for a while that i was going into pet shops, and doing exactly what you described, having a go at shop staff for and eye infection here, missinformation there....and sanctuaries spending ages looking for rabbits, and when i thought about it, what i was really doing was looking for Domino. i still miss him.

you'll know when you're ready to take home some new friends :).

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

on reflection smallbrownfrog, you r probably right, perhaps this is why I keep popping into these petshops, searching the net for pictures of bunnies. Your rabbits are gorgeous. I have to say, I agree with the lady who asks for pictures on this forum, they are lovely to see. Its nice to read the bunnies names as well.

I was not sure whether to put any personal details about myself but just in case I am 38 yrs old, have 2 hormonal teenage girls and a OH who is a workaholic. I don't work at the moment although I occasionally do secretarial work for friends/ex work colleagues.

Hiya Den,

Welcome! I can identify with a few things you have mentioned: it is difficult to choose a rescue bunny, well any bunny, isn't it? Like you, I just want to give a home to them all. It is also hard when you lose a beloved pet because you can never "replace" them as such, nor would you ever want to try, they are all so individual. 10 of my 12 are rescues, with a couple of misfits really!!! Leonard has one ear, Isabella is 70% blind and Merlin is....well....Merlin is a little odd!

The other thing which is sure to give you a laugh is that Charlie, my 4 year black dwarf lop, who is a house bunny, has had to be penned off in the house now as he attacks Harriet, my cocker spaniel!!!!!

He Den, sorry to hear about Mr Bo-Jangles and your puddy. Sounds like he kept the cats under control :lol:
It is hard when you lose a bunny, you'll know when the time is right and your are ready, one bunny will tug your heart more than any other!

Angela

Hi Den and welcome!

Sorry to hear about Mr Bo-Jangles he sounded like a funny little chappy, bless him.

Keep up the pet shop work!

:) Hiya Denny - your not far away from me in Sutton Coldfield - I'm probably around 20/30 mins away.

Lovely to hear from you on the Forum and like the other good folks on here I can identify with all you say.

Your bunny sounded lovely and yep its so heart wrenching when you lose them - We lost our house bunny Dillon in May and I still miss him now.
Funny enough one thing that really helped which is something I never imagined would was having a small plaque done to celebrate his life and I sponsored a Bunny Area at a Sanctuary which is now known as Dills Den - so hopefully this will provide lots of fun for future bunnies and its a lovely memory of Dillon - and I get to see the plaque each time my other two bunnies go for boarding.

If you want any more details just send me PM and I'll send them to you.

I know eventually you'll find the right next bunny - there are so many good folks on here. Tracy's a gem by the way - My Cagney came from Tracy and Cagney's a Bostin Bunny!

Hi Lany

Thanks for yr comforting words, its hard trying to explain to somebody who has never had a bunny what you are actually missing when you loose them. Yr right, Bromsgrove is not that far away from me, did you go to the rabbit show in Walsal Woods?. I did out of curiosity as I wanted to see the different breeds, I took my eldest with me who was astounded.

Like so many Bo was mischiefious, loving and very active. Mr Bo Jangles is buried in my garden with a rabbit ornament on top next to my cat who has a cat ornament. I know this probably sounds stupid but when I was buring my cat (monty) it was a rainy,miserable cold January day and Bo would not come outside with me so, I went out and started to dig. After about ten minutes, Bo came racing outside and started to help me dig the hole. I could'nt help but laugh, started to feel very guilty with tears rolling down my face. By the time I was about 2 foot down with a mound of dirt on one side, Bo decided to refill the hole - All over me, so while I am digging out, He is putting dirt back in - all over me. By the time the kids came home they wondered what had happened to us both, we were filthy dirt and soaking wet. This little bun really helped me with the grief of my cat which really helped, which made losing him feel even worse because nothing or no-one could make me laugh or smile. Strange really, he never once tried to dig Monty's grave or eat the flowers that were on it in a pot, the rest of the garden yes, which is what I loved and miss.

I saw your picture of Cagney she is gorgeous, and I think I may have enquired about her. Was she called snowy when she was with Tracey? If so I am so glad that she has found a home with you. I just cannot understand anyone giving up their pets. I can only assume that certain people do not spend enough time with them to really see that lovely little personality come shining through into your heart. How people can give up their pets is beyond me.

Den

Hi Denny

Aawwwwww Thats so sad! But what a loving bond having Bo coming and helping!

I`m sure a bun will find you! :)

Welcome :wave:

bronie

:lol: Hi Denny - Your post made me laugh and tearful all at the same time.

Hee Hee :lol: I may have pipped you to the post then re Cagney - how funny - she was actually originally called Speedy when she was with the lovely Tracy - and she does live up to her previous name in that she races around the Garden faster than any bunny I have ever known. But she is a lovely bunny - sooooooo affectionate. It kinda seemed fate really that I should lose Dillon so sadly but then Cagney came along almost at the same time and although I think you never replace bunnies she helped me recover and I know Buffy (Dills Partner) is really happy again now having a little pal. There were times in the early days when I just didn't think Buffs would make it - she lost so much weight and she was so closely bonded with Dillon.
buffandill.jpg

I'd Love to see a pickie of Mr Bo Jangles as long as it doesn't up set you - I think its a lovely name - reminds me of the Robbie Williams song!! and it pictures up a bunny with such personality.
The Garden story was Fab - isn't it strange that he wouldn't dig on Monty's grave - its almost as it they know!

I did go to the Walsall show and met the lovely Rexy Bexy who was showing her lovely bunnies and I even managed a cuddle or two of her lovely Rex's. It was my first show and I did enjoy going - I still have some reservations though but generally I thought it was a good experience.

Oh yep the Sanctuary by the way is in Worcester and run by the mad Adele - Mrs Diplomat on here. Adele has taught me all I know (which ain't much she'll say) and helped me through some difficult times with bunnies, but its lovely that on here you have a brilliant gang of folks all complete bunny made - have you met that BUNNYHUGGER!! - not a complete deck of cards :lol: :lol: (just joking Lyndy!!!) but sooooo lovely.

PM me any time you want a chat - if your ever in the Bromsgrove area give me a yell - I might even let you have a Cagney Cuddle!!

Take Care

Hi Lany

That was it 'Speedy' if I remember rightly, Tracey emailed details that said she was a bit lazy, vets could not find anything wrong and presumed that it was from being hutched for too long. Its great to hear that she is speeding around. Your pics r lovely.

Your half right about the 'Mr Bo-Jangles' name, OH picked it - kids know it from Robbie Williams, OH picked it because he likes Frank Sinatra and Frank Sinatra was one of my late fathers favourite singers.

I so glad that you have cagney, its nice to hear follow-ups as to how they are doing.

Hi to Bronie as well

I hope I dont sound too sad, the funny things that Bo got upto still put a huge grin on my face. Like so many of you, the funny antic's that a rabbit can get upto ceases to amaze me.

I thought I had a memory problem at Christmas, Bo-Jangle and I were in the bedroom wrapping Xmas presents, Bo was on the bed shredding rolls of wrapping paper. For some unknown reason, i seemed to be wrapping the same present. I realised after about an hour that, when I left the room Bo was unwrapping it. Needless to say, I ended up wrapping a box up every five minutes for him to unwrap :lol:

So, despite having his own toys, I always knew who had taken my screw driver or sanding block or anythink else that conviently disappeared. The problem then was finding where he had put them

Den

DENNY said:
I hope I dont sound too sad, the funny things that Bo got upto still put a huge grin on my face. Like so many of you, the funny antic's that a rabbit can get upto ceases to amaze me.

I thought I had a memory problem at Christmas, Bo-Jangle and I were in the bedroom wrapping Xmas presents, Bo was on the bed shredding rolls of wrapping paper. For some unknown reason, i seemed to be wrapping the same present. I realised after about an hour that, when I left the room Bo was unwrapping it. Needless to say, I ended up wrapping a box up every five minutes for him to unwrap :lol:

So, despite having his own toys, I always knew who had taken my screw driver or sanding block or anythink else that conviently disappeared. The problem then was finding where he had put them

Den

Hi Denny, I don't think your sad at all, it's so wonderful to have such lovely memories of your special boy. He may not be with you, but the memories will always be there, nobody can take that from you. He did sound quite a character :D

I still think about my wonderful boys too, and all the trouble they used to get upto together, still puts a smile on my face too :D :lol:

Hi denny,
Sitting here with tears rolling down my face and laughing look like someone in need of strong medication, i'm sorry you lost both you cat and your rabbit, we lost both our cats in the same year 6 months apart, then we got roo rabbit never had a rabbit before and what fun we are having. Thank you for sharing you treasured memories with us.

Back