• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waiting for the Fire Brigade - U/D He's free

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Oreo has got his head stuck through some bars of a puppy pen. I am panicking. Hopefully the firemen will come or Alan might be able to come. I have to wait by the phone. I want to be outside with him.

Last edited:
Oh no, how frightening.

Have you managed to ease the pressure on his head? can you pull the bars apart at all? have you any wire cutters?

Oh my gosh, poor Oreo, I'd be panicking too! I hope he's rescued soon and is safe and sound!

He's eating some breakfast. So scary. He doesn't live in a puppy pen, he has a 12 x 6 shed but I put the puppy pen across near the door so they can't run out when I open the door.

OMG :cry:

William's advice re warmth and quiet is spot on. Once he's had a chance to settle I'd get the Vet out to check him over. Once the adrenalin rush subsides Oreo may realise he has hurt himself so watch for any signs of pain. Jaw/neck injuries being the most likely. Gut stasis from shock another possibility.

I really hope that he will be OK xx

Just measured the distance he stuck his head through - 1.25". ! He's hopping and jumping around so I think he's ok. If I'd gone out as planned this morning he would have been stuck for a lot longer.

Just measured the distance he stuck his head through - 1.25". ! He's hopping and jumping around so I think he's ok. If I'd gone out as planned this morning he would have been stuck for a lot longer.

So glad he's OK. You must have been so worried about him! x
All's well that ends well ....... :)

Back