• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding a trio, help!

smallbrownfrog

Warren Scout
as i said in my intro, i'm planning to bond Bernie to Al and Steve. as you can see by the photos, they used to all be friends....then Bernie decided she was boss!! Now she has been spayed, i'm planning on re-introducing them and hopefully housing them all together.

the worry is that both Al and Bernie wanted to be Alfa rabbit. Do people recon this will have changed once her hormone levels start to drop?

Does anyone have experience of bonding 1 girl to 2 bonded boys...did it work, or did it cause problems....and will it be better to get another girl to even things out (i think in know what you will al say to that!!)??????

I'm no expert on this but there are plenty of people on here who have bonded lots of bunnies....... I'm sure they'll be able to help you :D

There is also a diary of bonding on the rabbitrehome web site. But its worth chatting to someone about it cos bunnies can fight and hurt each other.

the process of bonding is not an issue, i have done that before. it's more advice on adding 1 female to 2 males i was after, thanx tho.

i have been told that adding 1 to 2 is harder than 2 to 2, or introdcing a group of strangers. and that the boys might fight over 1 female, but not so much if there's 2. have people found this to be true?

just found the prior posting on this subject which contains lots of good advice, oops.

Adelle, what do you recon the chances are that they will get on bearing in mind they did for a short while at first? if the three don't get on, you mentioned two and two may be easier. i know things are unpredictable, but do you think another girl would be best? should i bond the new one to one of them first?

i think i may be getting ahead of myself here. woops.

Back