• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Nightmarish Tale

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
This morning, I got up and fed Iris and Arce, before I headed downstairs. All was fine. I prepped the outdoors rabbits breakfast, as I would normally do. Fed Elphie and Selene, both were full of beans. I smiled.

Opened the back door, and was about to step outside. To my horror, the very first thing my eyes were drawn to was tufts of fur. All over the patio, right in front of the back door.

My heart stopped. Whatever had happened? Our garden is almost completely secure against dogs. No cats come into our garden because of our own. Never spotted any rabbit predators in the neighbourhood.

Quickly, I scanned each of the rabbit enclosures. All of them were still secure. What was going on?

And then I remembered...

Yesterday, I had groomed Morpheus in that exact spot.

Lesson for the day: don't forget what you did the day before and nearly give yourself a heart attack.

:D

Back