• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ive got Bleu a wifebun

At dancing on thursday the lady who i go blue from said she had rescued a conti that a breeder was going to "bin". She asked did i want her but said she could have problems later in life because she has a problem with her legs. I went to see her and fell in love (not very hard for me lol..)
She looks tiny to me for a conti so is either a normal uppy eared bun or very young conti. Her front legs are quite bowed and she wasnt walking very well when i brought her home yesterday, but after staying up all night with her, she can walk shes just weekish in her legs. The women did say the breeder had 3ft cages with mum and babies in them so could it be possible she is not used to using her legs. I have also noticed when she does try to periscope her front legs dont point down to the floor, they stay facing forwards.
Anyway i would like you t meet bella,
yesterday
DSCN1305_zps9mpuu0hz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1308_zpswj3juuog.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
6c062c27-54c6-4bf8-88a4-a7ec34c9ff5d_zpsvs0ejzbp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
507ce554-a299-4bbe-8631-76d1fa049333_zpsomuz4ppy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

At dancing on thursday the lady who i go blue from said she had rescued a conti that a breeder was going to "bin". She asked did i want her but said she could have problems later in life because she has a problem with her legs. I went to see her and fell in love (not very hard for me lol..)
She looks tiny to me for a conti so is either a normal uppy eared bun or very young conti. Her front legs are quite bowed and she wasnt walking very well when i brought her home yesterday, but after staying up all night with her, she can walk shes just weekish in her legs. The women did say the breeder had 3ft cages with mum and babies in them so could it be possible she is not used to using her legs. I have also noticed when she does try to periscope her front legs dont point down to the floor, they stay facing forwards.
Anyway i would like you t meet bella,
yesterday
DSCN1305_zps9mpuu0hz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1308_zpswj3juuog.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
6c062c27-54c6-4bf8-88a4-a7ec34c9ff5d_zpsvs0ejzbp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
507ce554-a299-4bbe-8631-76d1fa049333_zpsomuz4ppy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a cutie WS :love::love::love:

I'm sure your vet will be able to advise on the leg issue. Contis tend to have issues like this when they are kept in inadequate housing.

You stayed up all night with her? Must be love :love:

Has Bleu seen her yet?

It is love lol.. Yeah bleu has seen her through bars and they both groomed each other and bleu was doing binkys everywhere. He has been for his pre op today and gets neutered on thursday, i am a nervous wreck but ive just got to be brave. I took bella with me to the vets today and he said its a case of waiting to see if they improve, but he said its highly probable its a breeding issue. I think it makes her look like a baby bull dog lol.. just hope it doesnt hinder her later on in life. xx
Im hoping bleu isnt too rough with her when bonding because hes getting so big now. He got weighed today and he is 3.3kg and still looking slim.

It is love lol.. Yeah bleu has seen her through bars and they both groomed each other and bleu was doing binkys everywhere. He has been for his pre op today and gets neutered on thursday, i am a nervous wreck but ive just got to be brave. I took bella with me to the vets today and he said its a case of waiting to see if they improve, but he said its highly probable its a breeding issue. I think it makes her look like a baby bull dog lol.. just hope it doesnt hinder her later on in life. xx
Im hoping bleu isnt too rough with her when bonding because hes getting so big now. He got weighed today and he is 3.3kg and still looking slim.

It crossed my mind too, but quite adorable with it :love:

How long are you going to leave it after the neutering before you think about putting them together?

Bleu looks SO big since I last saw a picture of him. :shock: He's wonderful. :love:

How is your son coping after the passing of Blitzen now? I hope it's getting easier to look back at the good times for him.

Ben is doing loads better now but he still talks about blitzen nearly every day. Hes not getting upset now just saying "mum do you remember when blitzen...." We was watching videos of him from 1 day old to 4 wekks old the other day and he was laughing so he is healing well. Thanks for asking TLC.
The women said bella is 7 weeks but im not too sure. My 6 dwarf lops im sure were bigger than her at 7 weeks. Unless she is just a normal uppy eared bun. The women who gave her to me knows ive been looking at rescues for a conti, so she might have lied to make it easier for me to take her. I dont know because ive never seen a conti in real life so cant compare, but i would have had her anyway she is that cute. xx

She's beautiful regardless of breed, and wobbly legs :love: I'm sure they are going to get along just fine, they look very relaxed together :)

She is gorgeous but doesn't have the face of a CG. Maybe she is a X. There is a CG for rehoming on my local website, 7 months old, I am not interested! I hope it works out well At least now she is in good hands. xx

Ben is doing loads better now but he still talks about blitzen nearly every day. Hes not getting upset now just saying "mum do you remember when blitzen...." We was watching videos of him from 1 day old to 4 wekks old the other day and he was laughing so he is healing well. Thanks for asking TLC.
The women said bella is 7 weeks but im not too sure. My 6 dwarf lops im sure were bigger than her at 7 weeks. Unless she is just a normal uppy eared bun. The women who gave her to me knows ive been looking at rescues for a conti, so she might have lied to make it easier for me to take her. I dont know because ive never seen a conti in real life so cant compare, but i would have had her anyway she is that cute. xx

Well she's come to a good home now - she probably doesn't realise the love and happiness instore for her! And Bleu waiting in the wings.

So glad you posted about Ben. I have thought of him and hoped he was doing well :)

Last night was none stop binkys and ghe kept jumping on my knee and going to sleep on me. I cant believe the difference already. You couldnt even put your hand near her on friday and now shes snuggling me. It doesnt matter to me what she turns out to be, we love the little fluff ball. Just trying to get litter training sorted now, which is hard with bleu having a poo party when he gets excited lol.. Im sure we will get there eventually.
Mightymax bleu has really healed bens heart but i think blitzen will always be his golden bun. xx

Last night was none stop binkys and ghe kept jumping on my knee and going to sleep on me. I cant believe the difference already. You couldnt even put your hand near her on friday and now shes snuggling me. It doesnt matter to me what she turns out to be, we love the little fluff ball. Just trying to get litter training sorted now, which is hard with bleu having a poo party when he gets excited lol.. Im sure we will get there eventually.
Mightymax bleu has really healed bens heart but i think blitzen will always be his golden bun. xx

:love::love:

Back