• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Carriers

xGemmaa

Alpha Buck
Can anyone recommend any decent rabbit carriers?

My 2 usually go in the cat carrier, but noticed on their last visit that they're a bit squished when both stretched out.

I have some amazon vouchers to use :)

f75964dbda205718b5b067346fe15402.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Massive thumbs up for the Catit Cabrio from me as well - I have four of them (pink, orange, purple and grey) and my Dutch pair fitted perfectly with room to stretch out. Dennis has a new partner now but I have no doubts there will be plenty of room for them in the Cabrio. They are brilliant for cats too - I have six cats which is why I need so many carriers. I'd like a couple more really - I always think what if we had to do an emergency evacuation, I wouldn't go anywhere without the guys - but don't really have room to store any more of them.

I have the catit cabrio too, I love the design but wish they done it in a bigger size as it's a bit on the snug side for my trio. Another downside is storage - I have a cat carrier from wilkos which I can separate and store the top inside the bottom and it fits nicely on a shelf in a cupboard, the catit cabrio doesn't come apart so needs more height for storage. The wilkos ones I have is pretty good value for money, quite a good size for the price.

I have the Catit cabrio too. I find it quite heavy, it can be fiddly to close, but as long as you line up the 'lug' at the top it's a doddle. My nethies often sit sideways in it with plenty of room to spare. The big selling point to me me was how the top splits open in two. So easy to get buns in and out with no risk of catching a leg. My vet often does half her examination with them sat in it, just lifting them out to check bums and teeth.
Oh and the fact that it's purple was the final selling point to me!

Last edited:
I have the catit cabrio too, I love the design but wish they done it in a bigger size as it's a bit on the snug side for my trio. Another downside is storage - I have a cat carrier from wilkos which I can separate and store the top inside the bottom and it fits nicely on a shelf in a cupboard, the catit cabrio doesn't come apart so needs more height for storage. The wilkos ones I have is pretty good value for money, quite a good size for the price.

Storage wise, get some of those big screw threaded hooks for ladders or bikes from poundland and have it hanging from the roof of their shed

I have the Catit cabrio too. I find it quite heavy, it can be fiddly to close, but as long as you line up the 'lug' at the top it's a doddle. My nethies often sit sideways in it with plenty of room to spare. The big selling point to me me was how the top splits open in two. So easy to get buns in and out with no risk of catching a leg. My vet often does half her examination with them sat in it, just lifting them out to check bums and teeth.
Oh and the fact that it's purple was the final selling point to me!

*still jealous* :lol:

Another vote for the catit cabrio, it fits in my two bunnies (2.8kg and 2.4kg) easily. They can move past each other to take turns looking out (or hiding at the back) and enough room to lie down. Mine never lie with their legs out in the carrier, just all tucked up, and there's plenty of room in there for them to both be comfy.

It is heavy though so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who has to take it on a bus or anything.

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the Catit Cabrio... I would've gone for the purple one but refused to pay £40 when a normal grey one was half the price lol

I love the catit cabrio too, although it is heavy as others have said. I wouldn't worry too much about bunnies being a bit squished in a carrier - it's not for all that long and in car journeys, it's probably a bit safer if they don't have too much room to potentially roll about in if the car moves around a lot.

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the Catit Cabrio... I would've gone for the purple one but refused to pay £40 when a normal grey one was half the price lol

I actually think the purple one is the least robust of them all, I believe it's an earlier model than the grey/orange/pink ones, the box was different to the others, it seemed a bit more fiddly to put together and the plastic feels of a poorer quality to me. I do really like the colour though :oops:

Back