• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

National pet show?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hello,

I've come across the national pet show and wondered what it's like? Is it for breeders and showing animals or is it aimed more at welfare and care?

I'd be interested to hear if anyone's been 😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wondered about this too. As far as I can gather it's more about animal care with loads of stalls and things for sale. I think it is less about showing and breeding but there are live animals there that you can interact with. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info though!

I've gone to the National Pet Show (in Birmingham) a few times now, would definitely recommend!

Rabbit-wise, there's usually a Burgess stall, Runaround, Manor Pet Housing, RWAF and Wood Green. There's also rabbit show jumping!
The dog and cat sections mainly showcase lots of different breeds, along with relative stalls/companies. They do dog agility and some shows.
There are reptile and fish sections too, although I haven't spent as much time looking around the stalls there.
The Donkey Sanctuary is usually there too! :love:

They also tend to have another random bit, once there were ex-battery chickens, another time there were pigs and another time there were African pygmy hedgehogs! :D
It's a wonderful day out... I could easily spend a weekend there!

Ooh thanks! I've put myself on the list for ticket alerts when they start selling for Birmingham.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to go to the Birmingham one in November - I'm always on the lookout for new cat/bunny furniture ideas and would love to see pet chickens there as I'm hoping to become mum to some rescue hens when the avian flu restrictions are lifted. It looks really interesting.

Hello :)

I went last year! I saw the supervet live and the Yorkshire vet! There is so many good stuff for bunnies, run around, Manor pet housing, loads and loads of good stuff. I would take lots of spending money! There is interesting talks too like how to make willow balls for your bunnies. And it is all promotion for good bunny keeping. The Burgess section is huge and can get really cheap stuff for example extra large bag of Hay £3. I really liked a stall called the binky bunny. Definitely get tickets xxx

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Also fresh start for hens where there and is where I got my ex battery hens from. Get some hens too why not!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Back