• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunnies - How do I make friends?

kazza378

New Kit
I hope you don't think these are silly questions...

I have brought home today the two most gorgeous bunnies in the world. They are settling well, I think, as these are the first rabbits I've had.

They are both friendly and don't bite, but they do seem a little timid and seem to be scared of me. Is this normal? What is the best way to make friends with them?

I'm probably being a little impatient, but to be honest I'm worried they don't like me... I've put my hand to them so that they can get used to my smell but they shy away.

Any help would be gratefully received!!!

Karen xxx

Try sitting in their run/room and doing something like writing a letter or reading a newspaper. Ignore them and let them investigate you. They soon get used to having you around and will want to know what your up to then you can stroke them on their terms. Having yummy food around is helpful too :)

i started befriending with my two boys by lying on the floor and reading while they lolloped around the room. curiosity soon got the better of them and they were sitting on my back!

Hi Karen - I expect your little ones are just feeling a bit strange - everything is very new to them.

Robbie isn't a really affectionate bun, but I always find he prefers when I get down to his level - quite literally i.e. lying on the floor :? , and he much prefers to make his way over to me as and when he feels like it. He will then present his head for a tickle when he wants one, and will sit for hours, but if I approach him and he doesn't want a tickle, my hand gets butted out the way.

I love these little ways that he has - bunny character we call it :lol:

Give them a few days (and a few books :D ) - you'll be getting on like a house on fire.

Back