• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

update -Mousey pie is fine

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
:( I was wondering what it could be. The vet actually noticed it went they went for vaccs a fortnight ago but it was quite casual "I felt a little lump then but can't detect it now". I couldn't feel anything then either.

However I was just giving her a fuss when I notice a tiny lump (petit pois size) that is to the right of the nape of her neck. She is quite bony in that area. It doesn't feel like it is attached to anything other than her skin. Firm to the touch & evidently not painful as me & OH both got to examine it properly.

We can rule out injection sites as their last vaccs prior to 2 weeks ago were in May 2016. I very much doubt it would be a bite wound as Boo behaves these days (has for ages now)

I called the vet who felt the lump but she is on leave til Thursday

Any ideas what this could be? Have your buns had anything similar?

Last edited:
It could be that the lump you can feel now is not what the Vet thought she felt 2 weeks ago but a different lump, a reaction to the Vaccination given 2 weeks ago. As it's small and mobile and within the skin I really would not be overly worried about it :)

It could be that the lump you can feel now is not what the Vet thought she felt 2 weeks ago but a different lump, a reaction to the Vaccination given 2 weeks ago. As it's small and mobile and within the skin I really would not be overly worried about it :)

Thank You. That's reassurring that you wouldn't worry too much based on size & location. Is it not weird for 2 lumps to appear in one place (one at a time) though?

:( I was wondering what it could be. The vet actually noticed it went they went for vaccs a fortnight ago but it was quite casual "I felt a little lump then but can't detect it now". I couldn't feel anything then either.

However I was just giving her a fuss when I notice a tiny lump (petit pois size) that is to the right of the nape of her neck. She is quite bony in that area. It doesn't feel like it is attached to anything other than her skin. Firm to the touch & evidently not painful as me & OH both got to examine it properly.

We can rule out injection sites as their last vaccs prior to 2 weeks ago were in May 2016. I very much doubt it would be a bite wound as Boo behaves these days (has for ages now)

I called the vet who felt the lump but she is on leave til Thursday

Any ideas what this could be? Have your buns had anything similar?

Aww, poor little Mousey xx Hope she is better soon x

Poor Mouse :( And poor you. I know I would get a horrid churn in my stomach if I found a lump on one of the rabbits. We've not experienced anything like that here. All of our various issues have been lumpy swellings, rather than lumps.

Will you take her to the vets tomorrow or will you wait for the vet who also felt a lump to return on Thursday?

Poor Mouse :( And poor you. I know I would get a horrid churn in my stomach if I found a lump on one of the rabbits. We've not experienced anything like that here. All of our various issues have been lumpy swellings, rather than lumps.

Will you take her to the vets tomorrow or will you wait for the vet who also felt a lump to return on Thursday?

I must say, having experienced a rabbit with a cancerous lump, I too am less than blasé about it :(

Hope you get on OK JB :thumb:

I'll speak to the vet Thursday, not just because she felt it originally but because she is the only vet in the practice I know & the one who is bunny savvy. If its the same lump it can't have grown much if any in the 2 weeks since vaccs

thank JJ MM & Omi :wave:

Has anyone else found a tiny lump on their rabbit. The more different experiences the better really - I appreciate these will range from scary to benign . Thanks

thank JJ MM & Omi :wave:

Has anyone else found a tiny lump on their rabbit. The more different experiences the better really - I appreciate these will range from scary to benign . Thanks

My friend found a lump on her rabbit, on the back of her neck. She was in a real panic about it. Having felt similar on my cat, I asked her if she was microchipped, and sure enough, that was what it was!

I really it is nothing to worry about xx

My friend found a lump on her rabbit, on the back of her neck. She was in a real panic about it. Having felt similar on my cat, I asked her if she was microchipped, and sure enough, that was what it was!

I really it is nothing to worry about xx

Oh, she is microchipped. Thanks Zoobec. Obviously I'll check in with the vet anyway xx

Oh, she is microchipped. Thanks Zoobec. Obviously I'll check in with the vet anyway xx

Could be that hopefully :thumb: just noticed a typo in my earlier post! It should say 'I really hope it is nothing to worry about' :) xx

Our little guy had a small lump on the back of his neck after his Filavac. Hope it goes ok at the vet, hugs xxx

Our little guy had a small lump on the back of his neck after his Filavac. Hope it goes ok at the vet, hugs xxx

aw thanks Mariposa. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier

Still waiting for vet to call me back though I was warned she has a huge list of people to call & is consulting too. Half of me is inclined to take her to vets4pets (I don't rate our local branch) just to see if it is her microchip.

So am I guessing right that they'd have to take a sample from the lump to find out what it is? I'm not fancying their chances without sedation on account of it being so tiny & Mouse is a right squirmer on the consulting table

No worries. Can't advise what they'd do I'm afraid, but I guess if you can get through, it'd be better for the same vet who thought she felt it before to have another feel xx

Sorry BB - didn't see this . Thank You both for asking. She called this evening & we have an appointment Monday afternoon to get it checked out & sample taken if she thinks its a concern x

Sorry BB - didn't see this . Thank You both for asking. She called this evening & we have an appointment Monday afternoon to get it checked out & sample taken if she thinks its a concern x

Sounds like a good plan. Fingers crossed xx

The vet says it feels like a vaccination site swelling (a small one) however that was three weeks ago & she'd expect that to have gone down. She took a sample from it (Mousey was a good girl & stayed nice n still) & will see if there are any abnormal cells present

Back