• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone tried Burgess Excel DualCare Recovery Diet?

Is it fennel in CC? Whatever it is Joey doesn;t like it so nice there is an alternative. I've not used it on mine though

Is it fennel in CC? Whatever it is Joey doesn;t like it so nice there is an alternative. I've not used it on mine though

Yes I believe the CC does have a fennel/aniseed component. Perhaps that's what their 'Natural Flavour' is.

Supreme Science Recovery has an even worse ingredient profile :shock:

It contains casein and milk powder to provide highly digestible sources of protein and special electrolytes to rehydrate the animal as well as feed. It also contains anise and fenugreek to stimulate the pet's appetite which is necessary to promote recovery.

What on earth are casein and milk powder doing in there??

That's incredibly cheap :shock: I've used this one before (although the rabbits hate it), which is much more expensive. I think it's the fact that it's being syringed, that they hate though, rather than the substance itself. http://www.vetuk.co.uk/guinea-pig-s...supreme-science-recovery-plus-10-x-20g-p-5644

ETA Ha, just seen your update about the ingredients :shock:

Yes it's so cheap that I wondered whether there had been a mistake with the Internet labelling?

And the dairy stuff in rabbit recovery - I just don't know why? :?

Yes it's so cheap that I wondered whether there had been a mistake with the Internet labelling?

And the dairy stuff in rabbit recovery - I just don't know why? :?

Me neither. Mine was given to me by my vet too!

Also, where did you copy your info from, as on the Supreme website it lists casein under "composition", but I can't see milk powder :?

ETA Just re-checked the Supreme website and it appears that Recovery Plus (which is the one I think I had), has casein, whereas Recovery has neither casein nor milk powder :?

Last edited:
Me neither. Mine was given to me by my vet too!

Also, where did you copy your info from, as on the Supreme website it lists casein under "composition", but I can't see milk powder :?

ETA Just re-checked the Supreme website and it appears that Recovery Plus (which is the one I think I had), has casein, whereas Recovery has neither casein nor milk powder :?

Yes I meant to include the link. It's here:

https://www.petmeds.co.uk/Supreme-Science-Recovery/p/I9075307

On this website, it simply states 'Enhanced protein' ... hmmmm:

http://supremepetfoods.com/recovery/

It would be great if the ingredients were transparent and clear for these items - as I came a cropper with with the Bio Lapis seemingly changing their formulation. Or did they??

I have Excel Recovery on stand by for emergencies, I've tested Crash's tastebuds and he approved but tbh he will eat anything

My vets use this and recommend it over Critical Care for buns who won't eat it - you just mash up the pellets in a bit of warm water for syringing. I'm not sure how much it costs though but I do know its cheaper than critical care.

My vets use this and recommend it over Critical Care for buns who won't eat it - you just mash up the pellets in a bit of warm water for syringing. I'm not sure how much it costs though but I do know its cheaper than critical care.

Thanks Fellie :D

I didn't realise it wasn't already powder.

It's little pellets - about 1/2 size of normal Excel pellets :)

I've not come across it before. Do the pellets really go squishy in water or does it still leave small clumps? CC and Recovery are both good for syringing but we've found that mushed up pellets get stuck in the syringe no matter how long you soak them.

I've not come across it before. Do the pellets really go squishy in water or does it still leave small clumps? CC and Recovery are both good for syringing but we've found that mushed up pellets get stuck in the syringe no matter how long you soak them.

I always put pellets in my coffee grinder. I don't trust the soaking method :)

Back