• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does the rspca adoption donation vary from centre to ow much would you expect to pay?

gingernutty

Warren Scout
Is the donation really a donation or a set amount?
How much for a neutered microchipped and vaccinated rabbit?
Has anyone asked for paperwork as proof of this?

Last edited:

Well given that a neuter can cost upwards from £100, vaccinations upwards from £25 (+ another £30ish if Filavac is also given) and microchipping at about £15 any Donation under £100 would be a bargain and I doubt any Rescue would ask for that much :) Most seem to ask for about £50.00 which to me seems very reasonable indeed :)

My RSPCA centre asked for £40 per rabbit or £70 for a bonded pair which is FAR cheaper than buying from a pet shop when you consider the costs involved to neuter/vaccinate. It's not really a donation, more of a fee that goes to support the charity. We got paperwork to confirm vaccs and microchip, yes.

It's usually a set amount.

In my experience it's £40.

That includes everything you say, excluding the new Filavac vaccine.

You get all the paperwork, including vaccination certificates.

I hope that helps :D

Isle of Wight RSPCA chargefor rabbits... £20 each or £35 a pair. Fully vaccinated, neutered and microchipped. You also get home checked. Their charges are on their website.

Most RSPCAs are independently run and financed 'branches' run under the banner of the RSPCA. There are a few 'centres' which are centrally funded. It wouldn't surprise me if the branches set their own adoption fee - they set their own rehoming criteria which can differ quite a lot between branches.

Most RSPCAs are independently run and financed 'branches' run under the banner of the RSPCA. There are a few 'centres' which are centrally funded. It wouldn't surprise me if the branches set their own adoption fee - they set their own rehoming criteria which can differ quite a lot between branches.

Yes our centre has no help from RSPCA HQ. Ours is funded by local people who hold quiz nights, dog shows, coffee mornings etc. They very often get money donated through generous benefactors. Local people donate blankets, food, towels, etc.If they need anything desperately, they advertise in the local paper or local radio. I donate through our local Pets @ Home.

Gosh these adoption fees are low aren't they compared to the actual costs of vaccs and neutering.

Gosh these adoption fees are low aren't they compared to the actual costs of vaccs and neutering.

Other rescues seem to be charging a lot more than this, and rightly so. I guess the R.S.P.C.A. purposely keeps prices low because they are able to.

Especially when RHD2 Vaccines are factored in. Even if the Rescue does not vaccinate against RHD2 the adoption fees are still way below the cost of neutering and Myxo-RHD Vaccinating. Yet some people try to say that Rescues try to make money by charging more for a Rabbit than P@H !! :? :roll:

Especially when RHD2 Vaccines are factored in. Even if the Rescue does not vaccinate against RHD2 the adoption fees are still way below the cost of neutering and Myxo-RHD Vaccinating. Yet some people try to say that Rescues try to make money by charging more for a Rabbit than P@H !! :? :roll:

How stupid.

Do rescues get discounted vets fees? For volume? For the vets being able to get experience?

Yes they do, but I think they have had to put their donation prices up to £60 - £90 because of rising costs. And that doesn't always include the RHD2 vaccine.

the problem is rescues don't get a lot of a discount so rabbits will always be more from a rescue. the problem with p@h is its a big charity

It would be much more expensive to buy a rabbit from wherever and then pay for vaccinations and spaying/neutering than it would to adopt and pay the adoption fee!

It would be much more expensive to buy a rabbit from wherever and then pay for vaccinations and spaying/neutering than it would to adopt and pay the adoption fee!

Yep, also if you adopt a Rabbit then you avoid the inevitable stress of coping with getting him/her neutered yourself. You have a 'ready to go' Bunny for C£60.00, that is a bargain in any language :D

Absolutely and you save yourself all the stress of taking a bunny to be neutered etc .....

The Blue Cross charges £50 and that includes neutering, vaccinations and microchipping and four weeks free pet plan insurance.

It is an absolute bargain, which is why I wonder so many people insist on still going to a pet shop to pay £40+ for a pet shop bun.

My last pair of lads were £100 from Wythall Animal Sanctuary, and an absolute steal at the price

Absolutely and you save yourself all the stress of taking a bunny to be neutered etc .....

So agree - I paid £,45 each for mine from rescue nearly 4 years ago. Neutered and vaccinated for 12 months. No ways has the rescue made money on this.

Back