• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny doesn't like veggies

I have tried her on kale, spring greens, and parsley she doesn't like any of it her sister munches it all up. Not sure what to try next.

She does love her hay and eats pellets. But don't think she is getting enough nutrition.
Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I have two rabbits, they're brothers brought up together and neither tolerate veg very well. I tried a variety to begin with (adding only one type at a time and only gradually) but they were disinterested and had stomach upset from time to time. Having read info on here I decided to minimise the veg in their diet. So now they
have lots of hay (which they love) and herbs (dried and fresh). They also have pellets or fenugreek crunchies as treats and apple twigs. They're maintaining a healthy weight and no longer have upset stomachs. I think there are other buns on this forum that are the same - little or no veg. I wouldn't be concerned unless your rabbit is losing weight.

Thank you, she doesn't like herbs either. I will continue to introduce different veggies gradually. Happy with her hay intake so that is good.

If veg isn't their thing, and they have plenty of hay and some pellets, you could maybe try introducing forage? Dandelion, dead nettle, plantain, bramble... foraging is one of the times I feel most at peace now. And my rabbits seem to love what I bring home for them. :)

If veg isn't their thing, and they have plenty of hay and some pellets, you could maybe try introducing forage? Dandelion, dead nettle, plantain, bramble... foraging is one of the times I feel most at peace now. And my rabbits seem to love what I bring home for them. :)

Thank you with brambles do you mean just the leaves? Will have a look

Back