• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor enrichment?

capable

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I'm looking for some ideas for toys/enrichment for outdoor buns? My two boys are currently separate till post-neuter hormones calm down, and I'm concious that they might be a bit bored 😕 They are in 6ft hutches, with attached runs, that have wooden hides in that they can hop on and off. They both like to dig in their litter trays (Jack is more litter trained than William!), and William likes to demolish those willow balls, but anything else they've not been that fussed on! I've tried willow chew sticks, and these loofa-type toys, but they're not really bothered, and cardboard boxes would get wet and goss being outside 🤔 Any inspiration would be appreciated!

You could fill a digging box with soil or compost for them. Maybe some of those plastic tunnels? Mine live those chill n chew mats from rosewood (maybe for in the hutch).

Hi all,

I'm looking for some ideas for toys/enrichment for outdoor buns? My two boys are currently separate till post-neuter hormones calm down, and I'm concious that they might be a bit bored 😕 They are in 6ft hutches, with attached runs, that have wooden hides in that they can hop on and off. They both like to dig in their litter trays (Jack is more litter trained than William!), and William likes to demolish those willow balls, but anything else they've not been that fussed on! I've tried willow chew sticks, and these loofa-type toys, but they're not really bothered, and cardboard boxes would get wet and goss being outside 🤔 Any inspiration would be appreciated!

How long are you keeping them separated, capable?

Did they fight at all before they were neutered?

How long are you keeping them separated, capable?

Did they fight at all before they were neutered?

I read on here that male hormones die down in about 12 weeks post-neuter? There wasn't any fighting, but William was getting territorial and not letting Jack move around from one corner of the hutch.

I'd personally just cut big branches from Apple trees etc and put them in their runs to chew and climb over. Also a box filled with straw and herbs mixed in normally goes down well

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I read on here that male hormones die down in about 12 weeks post-neuter? There wasn't any fighting, but William was getting territorial and not letting Jack move around from one corner of the hutch.

Yes it was me who mentioned 12 weeks :)

It's a long time to wait, isn't it?

Back