• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good morning :)

loobers25

Warren Veteran
I am from Southampton, I am getting married the 22nd of July and I will be staying away for one night.

Could anyone recommend someone that will house sit for me? I am so worried about leaving my bunnies and I have so many animals it's easier If someone could house sit for me. P. S this is really brave of me staying away as I hate it! My animals include chickens, chinchilla and 3 cage free house rabbits.

Would be back 11 next morning?

Thank everybun.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If you are OK with them being left alone for a few hours I could do it.

I live in Havant but work for NHS at Otterbourne. I sometimes do overtime on a Saturday but at the moment I am not working on the Saturday but I am working 0700-1300 on the Sunday so they would be left for a few hours until you get back at 1100.

I have a friend who pops over to let my bunnies out and feed my cats if I go away or my neighbour can do it so my own animals wouldn't be a problem.

Am happy to come over beforehand to meet you and the animals and learn where everything is.

I work for the NHS, CAB and also teach adults so I have been security checked on numerous occasions.

Rihanna I would feel so much better someone rabbi savvy from here looking after them thank you so much. I will pay you and your petrol money of course

No worries. Will stick it in my diary and meet you and the furries and featheries before then to learn how you do things with them.

I can give injections if any of them need medicating - although I have only done it for bunnies and cats, never chins or chickens. Have done plenty of syringe feeding and nebulising and giving sub cut fluids so hopefully you will feel OK about leaving them. I volunteered at a bunny rescue for a year and I've looked after Carob's bunnies on many occasions when she goes on holiday. They have a pen in my bedroom away from the cats.

House sitting will be a nice change, especially if you have a bath and a TV as I have neither.

My chinchilla is really easy to look after, he just needs his chinchilla forage mix, hay and pellets, my two young buns just need water, pellets, hay and forage, I will feed the chickens before I go, they put themselves to bed when it gets dark so just got to lock the door up for them. And I have an elder bun Charlie who is good as gold. All my animals are really easy, no medical problems at the moment! Milly and Toby can get up to trouble - that's what I am worried about lol

Milly and Toby
c6936fc399245a959d2557a77531d544.jpg

Charlie
8b6ec3782d45dece815580293c67aee8.jpg

Marty
af81646db89f281b9fcdaff1c18fc57b.jpg

Hens
3786c13ab0ec3ddb6fd1c8dd97419db1.jpg

Aaaaw your animals look lovely - especially the bunnies. Most of my bunnies in the past have been adopted from BARC so I am used to naughty rabbits - BARC buns are famous for their 'nortiness' :)

A bath and TV sounds like luxury - I only have a shower-room and my TV doesn't work.

I visit Amanda (Barn Yard Bunnies) a lot and she has chins so I am aware of how messy they can be :)

Back