• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost my boy today

Pippin'sMum

Alpha Buck
Another Rainbow Bridge resident. I lost my Nethie cross Smartie today, pts. He was OK when I fed them this morning, looked out after his companion Toffee was sitting out in the run, which was unusual for her at that time. He was stretched out in the litter tray, shivering and with very rapid respiration. Got him in, gave Loxicom/Emerprid and ranitidine, waited about an hour with him wrapped in a fleece on my lap. Seemed to be a bit better, but phoned the vets. They said to bring him straight down. Took him in, vet took him off me then called me in to consulting room. She wanted to keep him in to give him fluids and stronger pain relief. I reminded her about his bladder issues and that he's had spurs in the past.

I went home and she phoned about an hour later to say xrays had shown a very large bladder stone, at least 2cm across. She thought he wouldn't survive an op (he's quite small) so best to pts. he was 5 and a half. Poor little soul, I'm devastated. I've got two widows now, and a single boy in the house. No more bunnies, I can't deal with the pain and grief of losing them.:cry:

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. Sleep tight Smartie . You & Toffee will be in my thoughts xx

I'm so sorry, sleep tight little one. They may be little in size but they leave such a big hole in our lives.

So sorry to hear you lost Smartie. Five is so young, same age as my Stakki. Binky free, little one.

Back