• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits to go on a diet!!

I've just seen this on the bbc website. No wonder he doesn't have any interest in exercising, it must be so hard for him to move about :(
Beautiful buns though!

How can anyone think it's right to let any rabbit get like that :shock: This to me is as bad as any of the other examples of not looking after rabbits properly. It makes you wonder if the rabbits were ever taken to a vet.

I really hope that they are successful in getting their weight down. Sadly, I suspect there is already some damage done to joints etc.

Wow :shock: Never seen a rabbit that overweight before I don't think. Well at least she's realized and is making a change in the right direction.

How can anyone think it's right to let any rabbit get like that :shock: This to me is as bad as any of the other examples of not looking after rabbits properly. It makes you wonder if the rabbits were ever taken to a vet.

I really hope that they are successful in getting their weight down. Sadly, I suspect there is already some damage done to joints etc.

Yes, any vet worth their salt should've commented.
Joint problems is what I would fear. I hope they will be OK and have an active future to look forward to :)

I did mistake a bunny for a dog in the pub over the river's garden once: I thought 'that Westie's moving weird?' then realised it was a large white bunny with a harness on! I got super overexcited and called Matt to come and see :D It was a big rabbit though, rather than just fat ;P That was in our previous house ;)

If we had animals this over weight come into practice, and they wouldn't take our advice to help the pet lose weight we had to report them under the animal welfare act :(

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I remember a very large doe come into rescue. She hadn't been spayed and had an enormous dewlap.

Her owner (who was giving her up) proudly told me that she loved eating maltesers :shock:
(the rabbit that is, not the owner)

Back