• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vac4life

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Sorry if this has already been posted about but has anybody seen this promotion by Vets4Pets? Seems too good to be true! For a one off payment of £99 you get a lifetime worth of boosters and 2 free health checks, one by a vet and one by a nurse. I read through the terms and conditions and can't actually see anything wrong with it. Obviously only worth having a young animal done and you have to pay for a booster/vac first so it doesn't cover the first booster, but apart from that it actually seems worth it!

And...shock horror.. It's supported by Pets At Home!

Yep I think it's a good system and presumably designed to encourage you to be a lifelong loyal client and to keep up a good vaccination protocol. As you've said, you still have to pay for the first booster so the first year is going to be about £140 in total. Also the new things like filavac aren't covered at the moment - whether this changes over time we'll have to wait and see. If I had younger animals I'd definitely do it, as I use a V4P practice all the time.

I have this for my 3, made sense as they were all quite young when I got them. I'm hopeful filavac will be included eventually, the vet who vaccinated my rabbits with it said it isn't included as it's only available on import but seemed to think it is likely to be part of the scheme if it becomes licensed in the U.K. Quite expensive initially but mine were all vaccinated against myxo / RHD by the rescue so I only had the plans to pay for.

Not bad considering vets4pets charge £40 per vaccination! Well that's what they quoted me when I rang up yesterday. Needless to say I stuck with my original vet who only charges £21 per vaccine. With that price I don't think the £99 for life is worth it especially when I don't know the ages of my rescue bunnies.

Our vet practice also does the £99 scheme, but only for cats and dogs. I think it's a good idea if you start young, it must save money in the long run

Not bad considering vets4pets charge £40 per vaccination! Well that's what they quoted me when I rang up yesterday. Needless to say I stuck with my original vet who only charges £21 per vaccine. With that price I don't think the £99 for life is worth it especially when I don't know the ages of my rescue bunnies.

My vets4pets charge £47.50 for vacs! £21 sounds a great price, I probably wouldn't have taken vac4life if I could get them at that price.

Yep I think it's a good system and presumably designed to encourage you to be a lifelong loyal client and to keep up a good vaccination protocol. As you've said, you still have to pay for the first booster so the first year is going to be about £140 in total. Also the new things like filavac aren't covered at the moment - whether this changes over time we'll have to wait and see. If I had younger animals I'd definitely do it, as I use a V4P practice all the time.

Yes, definitely seems a good move for them, given how often some people (well OK, people like me) change vet practice. It seems a good way of maintaining a regular client base, word of mouth recommendations etc.

Yeh, I wouldn't personally do it because my vets only charge 20 summit for vacs but I knew vets4pets charged double that, which is why I was so shocked that they only charged £99 as a one off payment! And included rabbits! It is certainly a good idea to keep clients. It's transferable between practises as well (obviously providing it's Vets4Pets or Companion Care) and between clients...as in if you rehome your rabbit, he/she is still covered for the vacs4life.
I'd never use Vets4Pets because I think their prices are extortionate but I'd certainly think about signing up for the one off payment and just using them for vacs haha.

I think Vets4Pets are pretty competitively priced, myself. They are a lot cheaper than the previous practice I used.

I have this for Jake, paid for it when he was a baby so he's had three vaccines out of it so far. Didn't do it for Beano as she was 5 at the time. I also found Vets4Pets reasonably priced, I moved practice as it's hard to get to when I moved but we still go for Jake's vaccine and they were really understanding as to why we don't use them all the time and easily transferred all the pets notes over.

I had this through my old vets. Seemed a good scheme and definitely saved me hundreds over the years.

my sister has it for her dog, saves her a lot, it was me that told her about it so she switched to them as it was to good not to take up

I always thought they were expensive, but I've none in my area so never used them myself. I know some of them are pretty good with bunnies. I'll bear this in mind should I ever need to change vets but I love my current vets!
My dogs' vacs only cost 20 a year so not really worth it for them..although it would pay for itself within 5 years.
Glad I saw it. I'll definitely recommend people get this. :)

I have this for 3 of mine as I use a Companion Care Vet all the time. Vaccines are about £30 each so as long as they survive 3 more years then I will have gained (not counting the nurse health checks). It's a shame Filavac wasn't included last year but hopefully it will be counted as a booster this year. I did not take it for the eldest rabbit as she was already between 5-7 years and I had no idea of her history so I didn't want to tempt fate. I have also waited until the youngest was neutered but will take it out for him soon. I would not have taken it if I didn't already know my vet for several years.

Back