• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding near to Milton Keynes

LuCharlie

New Kit
Hi has anyone got a recommendation for bunny boarding near MK? Looking for my summer holiday and the one I liked the look of was booked up! I have a lovely neighbour who would probably help but we are going to be away for a week so I was thinking boarding might be better. Thanks!!

There's the Bunny Retreat in MK, https://bunnyretreat.co.uk. I've been round there and she has lovely big 6ft hutches attached permanently to 6ft runs. All on hardstanding so easily cleaned. The lady who runs it is lovely and works at MK Vet Group so any vet problems would be well looked after. The only thing that put me off was none of the hutches have bolts, just those awful thumb turn things that would easily be knocked open by foxes. But I guess if you asked her, she would probably be persuaded to replace them.

My own preference is a quick trip up the M1 to Tracy in Rugby. She used to run RNGP Welfare and knows pretty much everything there is to know about rabbits. She also uses the Cat and Rabbit Welfare Clinic vets in Northampton, who happen to be my own vets too.

Thank you for replying. Rabbit Retreat was the one that was full unfortunately. I am looking at the school hols which makes it a bit more tricky.

There was one in Stoke Goldington that wasn't tooooo bad. The people seemed to know what they were talking about and pen size wasn't too bad. I just wasn't as happy with that as the Bunny Retreat. Could you get someone to do home visits instead?

I did contact the Stoke Goldington one but no reply as yet, and in the meantime I have had a lovely offer to look after them from the fosterer that I got Lulu from! So hopefully that is sorted. Thanks for your help - I will definitely look at Bunny retreat in the future if I can book in time.

Back