• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crash Bunny and YOKO bonding thread. Adding Updates!

Shayne_

Warren Scout
Tomorrow we are taking Crash Bunny on a 3 hour drive to Walsall RSPCA foster carer to meet YOKO!

He is staying a full week, sunday to sunday. We are so excited but also so anxious ! I mean a full week with Crash gone ... I hope it goes ok and no serious fighting happens!

Been in contact with the Foster who is doing the bonding and it all seems great, im confident he is in good hands, im just anxious lol

So leaving tomorrow at around 1-2ish in the afternoon, ill be taking all his hays and things, discussed it all, ive all his notes and important information in a book ready...

(deleted question, no longer relevant)

Update:

Things are looking to be going great!

She is gorgeous and Crash Bunny did great with the travelling, I got this message earlier and I can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow. Hoping Crash doesn't hump YOKO too much lol poor girl!

"Hi, so far so good, Crash has settled well, eaten, poo ' and gone for a sprint around the living room. Yoko sat on the sofa and watched. They settled well in the pen together, a little mounting from Crash but that is all. ☺"

2nd UPDATE:

Still going well! Crash got told off for humping lol

"Things are still going well, I slept on the sofa last night to keep an eye on them. I've never known bunnies eat so loudly!!!!! I don't think they stopped munching on hay all night. A little bit more mounting from Crash but that is all, Yoko did give him a little nip in the end but he accepted his telling off very well. ☺"

Update 3:

"Well it would appear Yoko is not as much a pushover as we first thought. A little mounting from Crash and nipping from Yoko but no fighting so that is good news. Yoko is becoming alot more confident indoors, which I think has caused the little issues today. Both are eating well, and Yoko has been asking to be groomed although no grooming as yet"

So chuffed! Fingers crossed and thank you everyone for advice and support!

Last edited:
Hoping Crash and Yoko will get on well - he should be fine in the car with a cover over him, hay to chew and no water in a bottle as it leaks out! Hope you have a good journey!

Once he has settled into his carrier. he should be fine. Give him some extra hay for padding and some fresh veg for fluids. Take some water but only offer it if you stop, or at the other end to avoid soggy cold bedding. He will be fine, and hopefully have a new friend to come home with.

Good luck so exciting :) If it was me I would keep going, but hopefully have someone with me who could keep an eye on them x

I have travelled for a few hours with rabbits in the past and just offered them some cuecumber and fresh grass. I even took two belgian hares on the train for hours once and they were fine even with noisy station stops for changes. They just lay and chilled in their carrier.

Best of luck with the journey. Hope Crash and Yoko form a lovely bond.

I hope it all goes well for Crash and Yoko. I have always kept going when driving on a long journey with rabbits.

Update:

She is gorgeous and Crash Bunny did great with the travelling, I got this message earlier and I can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow. Hoping Crash doesn't hump YOKO too much lol poor girl!

"Hi, so far so good, Crash has settled well, eaten, poo ' and gone for a sprint around the living room. Yoko sat on the sofa and watched. They settled well in the pen together, a little mounting from Crash but that is all. ☺"

Update:

Fingers crossed here for you :D

Crash in your siggy looks amazing :love:

Still going great! Crash got told off for humping lol

"Things are still going well, I slept on the sofa last night to keep an eye on them. I've never known bunnies eat so loudly!!!!! I don't think they stopped munching on hay all night. A little bit more mounting from Crash but that is all, Yoko did give him a little nip in the end but he accepted his telling off very well. ☺"

Still going great! Crash got told off for humping lol

Good report :D

I'll be sleeping on the sofa with the buns in a couple of weeks myself for bonding time :roll::lol:

Very glad to hear that Crash and Yoko have hit it off well. Here's hoping for less humping and more grooming!

Update:

"Well it would appear Yoko is not as much a pushover as we first thought. A little mounting from Crash and nipping from Yoko but no fighting so that is good news. Yoko is becoming alot more confident indoors, which I think has caused the little issues today. Both are eating well, and Yoko has been asking to be groomed although no grooming as yet"

Update:

Lovely little updates you're getting :)

Back