• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phoebe Again

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
She's not eaten her pellets, slow eating treats.

She had her full dental with Ian 4 weeks and 3 days ago but I don't know.

She's not right.
She's excited for food and tries to gobble it, but seems to have trouble.
I'll get her booked in on Monday but considering she's very recently had one I'm praying she doesn't need another dental.

I've given her some metacam on herbs, and made a bowl of recovery food which she's had a munch of.

She got knocked by a door earlier as OH came in and didn't know she was behind it. No idea where it hit her, just that it hit her right side. She's been perfectly fine with food before this so not sure if it's this that has caused it, or her teeth.

I'm obviously worried about her as she's very food motivated normally and although she still is I hate seeing her struggle and seeing her just wanting to sit in her cage miles away from us.

Any vibes you can send I would appreciate, and any suggestions on what we may be able to do. (I've got enough Metacam to last until mon/Tue, also have some zantac).

Eta: she's just passed a single pellet - half the size of normal and much darker than normal too. Although the hay quality is much worse recently and they've not eaten much of it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Poor Phoebe :(
I'm going to start a diary for Sylar to see if there's any triggers that could be setting him off. I don't know why I didn't think of doing it earlier really but maybe something for you to consider!
How does her tummy feel/sound?
X

Thanks for the vibes and hugs mariposa and Zoobec.

Roxy I may have to if she keeps going but her last stasis was caused by spurs on her teeth.
Her tummy is a litter tense but she doesn't like being touched so may be just because of that. Tummy sounds all normal.

I've just refreshed the litter tray in the front room as when she's not feeling well she likes to hide under the piano. She's now sat in there munching hay with Daphne. She still seems off and seems to be slightly reluctant to bare full weight on her hind right leg. I shan't poke and prod her tonight, but may towel her and have a good feel over tomorrow.

She's not eaten her pellets, slow eating treats.

She had her full dental with Ian 4 weeks and 3 days ago but I don't know.

She's not right.
She's excited for food and tries to gobble it, but seems to have trouble.
I'll get her booked in on Monday but considering she's very recently had one I'm praying she doesn't need another dental.

I've given her some metacam on herbs, and made a bowl of recovery food which she's had a munch of.

She got knocked by a door earlier as OH came in and didn't know she was behind it. No idea where it hit her, just that it hit her right side. She's been perfectly fine with food before this so not sure if it's this that has caused it, or her teeth.

I'm obviously worried about her as she's very food motivated normally and although she still is I hate seeing her struggle and seeing her just wanting to sit in her cage miles away from us.

Any vibes you can send I would appreciate, and any suggestions on what we may be able to do. (I've got enough Metacam to last until mon/Tue, also have some zantac).

Eta: she's just passed a single pellet - half the size of normal and much darker than normal too. Although the hay quality is much worse recently and they've not eaten much of it.

Oh dear I'm so sorry!

Loads of hugs for both of you. Just what you don't need on the weekend :(

Certainly the door may have jarred something with her and caused her to perhaps have a little pain.

Sending loads of vibes for Phoebe. I hope she picks up soon and starts eating and behaving normally.

Oh dear I'm so sorry!

Loads of hugs for both of you. Just what you don't need on the weekend :(

Certainly the door may have jarred something with her and caused her to perhaps have a little pain.

Thanks MM. She's been better since pain relief and has been sat munching in the litter tray for the last 2 hours.
Will have to see what she's like in the morning. I'm off to A&E myself so glad she seems better, otherwise I'd be worried about her the whole time
Sending loads of vibes for Phoebe. I hope she picks up soon and starts eating and behaving normally.
Thank you Omi :)

Oh DP I'm just seeing this. Sorry Phoebe is feeling off colour and that you have to go to A & E...is this something new that's happened or for a prior issue? :(
Either way, mega vibes on the way for both of you and I hope things turn around for you soon. xxxxx

Thanks MM. She's been better since pain relief and has been sat munching in the litter tray for the last 2 hours.
Will have to see what she's like in the morning. I'm off to A&E myself so glad she seems better, otherwise I'd be worried about her the whole time

Thank you Omi :)

Are you home yet? Are you OK? :wave:

Thank you. I didn't end up being seen in A&E. The wait for around 6 hours and I decided I've lived with this for 3 days, I can live until Monday to see my GP. I'm just limited on what I can do atm. (My wrist is playing up again but it's much more painful.

Phoebe is munching on breakfast as I type. Although still slower than normal so I may just top up her metacam dose for this morning and see how she goes. I'll also allow her access to the garden in the hopes she'll munch grass all day.

So she's passed faeces, and it appears to have a lot of fur in it. I do brush her as much as I can as she's very fluffy. Anything else I can do to help reduce the amount of fur she injests, or a better way to help her pass it?

Lots of vibes for Phoebe. xxxx I use a cat Furmigator for my fluffy bunnies. It's very good as long as you're careful and don't keep going over and over the same bit. It gets a lot of the loose undercoat out.

Thank you. I didn't end up being seen in A&E. The wait for around 6 hours and I decided I've lived with this for 3 days, I can live until Monday to see my GP. I'm just limited on what I can do atm. (My wrist is playing up again but it's much more painful.

Phoebe is munching on breakfast as I type. Although still slower than normal so I may just top up her metacam dose for this morning and see how she goes. I'll also allow her access to the garden in the hopes she'll munch grass all day.

DP, poor you :( I hope your wrist is less painful today? Do you splint it when it's bad?

Vibes that Phoebe munches on the good fibre and stops worrying her Mum xx

She's had a munch of grass but hasn't munched for around 3 hours... I'll give her til 4 hours then tempt her with food.

I have a small support on but I can't splint it as I need to use it at work to drag cages, open boxes etc.
I'm reluctant to have it checked incase it's broken or something and they want to put it in a cast (I've got my driving test on 6th March)

Many more vibes for my baby girl- Joey bum really struggles with his moult too . Nose bumps for Phoebe. Sorry your wrist is so painful too

Back