• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jeremy Vine show - comment about foraging - did anybody hear it?

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I don't really do TV or radio so it's past me by, but I've just seen this comment on Facebook:

On the Real Junk Food Project page about wasted greens:

"Was listening to Jeremy vine show, ridiculous . Really cross with sad pet owners who do not forage greens for their fussy pets! Grrrr the world has gone mad."

I'm equally cross with her that my fussy pets aren't as deserving of cultivated veg as humans. :roll:

I heard a bit of the show about the lack of veggies due to flooding in Spain. One listener had been in touch as with two rabbits and several tortoises eating lettuce she was in dire straits as she had run out. I did hope that these rabbits ate other food too :( I then missed a bit as I nipped into a shop for a newspaper but the next I heard was that somebody had phoned to say that rabbits shouldn't eat iceberg lettuce (and neither should reptiles).

I did see the FB comment too :roll: Yes, I do forage later in the year but I am not feeling guilty that I don't right now and my bunnies get shop bought veg.

Thanks. I am guessing FB showed you my response to her! I normally seethe in silence but gave curt responses to anyone in my path the last couple of days:oops: she obviously doesn't understand the practicalities of foraging all year round.

Back