• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Also soft poo problem!

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
In the last few hours (between 2 and 4pm) Wilson has produces excess soft poo. Hes outside and of course there are flies on it. I checked him out and hes ok. I keep getting it in the day. What time does that mean I gave him the wrong food? Hes on grass during the day with some pellets. Last night I gave him hay (cut up cos of his teeth) carrot tops, carrot and pellets. Maybe the food was too much. I am having problems working out the timing of what going in what comes out.

amber

ho,
iv got a the same prob with one of mine but i think it might be the grass or the sun as heat can also cause this too
becky

Mine has food, hay and carrots in his cage all day.. He chooses when to eat them. I rarely get any excess soft poos so i dont think its down to when u are feeding him things. As Becky says.. it could be the heat..
Are the soft poos like bunches of grapes or just soft poo?
Chris

I have never noticed him being a massive grass eater. He also may have had time off eating grass due to a dental problem so hes really only now going back onto it.

He came in a few hours ago and I gave him some carrot tops and watercress. He ate those and also some pellets. I had taken his pellets off him from about 5pm so hes had a few hours of just grass. Hes just done some very squishy looking poos and also a couple that are more, well splats. Is it too soon for it to be the veggies I just gave him?

I am just confused about the timing of things to work out what it is.

If I take him down to eating just pellets, hay and grass how many days would he need to be on that to say that I have elimited anything else in his system and just start adding new food in from there? To make sure he eats some hay and grass do I reduce down his pellets? (he is seeming to eat hay and grass I just don't know what amount is counted as being correct) I was also going to try a feed with a higher fibre content.

I think I'd maybe just keep him on hay just now, you won't need to feed him veggies whilst he's just back to eating grass again. Just my opinion, but that's what I would do. If he's not been eating grass for a wee while, it may upset his tum initially.

If he were my bun, I'd feed him a small amount of pellets for breakfast, put him out to grass and hay, then a small amount of pellets again at bed time. Make sure he has access to good quality hay and plenty of water at ALL times.

OK, I will have a go with that. On Monday I am going to ask the vets he stayed with what they weighed him as so I can do a proper calculation of how much he should eat.

Back