• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Fox and friends

CrispyClaret

Warren Scout
Just thought I would share a few pics of my non bunny family.

Here is one of Fox while out walking at Bolton Abbey, very much an outdoors type as you can see and respectful of wildlife and the enviroment.
Photo%2004-04-2014%2012%2037%2049_zpsbd1c9p2u.jpg

Snow angel
Photo%2011-02-2014%2020%2023%2023_zpsrhapij8v.jpg

He does have a very sweet tooth though, this was after scoffing battenburg.
Photo%2017-10-2013%2020%2016%2006_zpsldsyuqlb.jpg

Bit upsetting in a way.
This pic was taken this morning, he is Lanzarote (without me) with his bestest friend Rydag, my sisters lion. Rydag I might add is very brave, in the summer he helps pick grapes which as some of you know can be very vicious. He has a little trident to keep them under control, hunts them during the night when the grapes are sleepy.
By the pool, lucky furries.
IMG_1407_zpso1ljjj9n.jpg

Lastly, Mo mouse when arrived to live with us and yes he really is that big, about 3ft tall.
Eagle eyed viewers will spot Smokie, Oscar and Sooty waiting in my bedroom window.
IMG_0702_zpsckrzqoxh.jpg

I am very pleased to "meet" your non-bunny family. I had a bear who had his own passport and had it stamped in various foreign countries. We used to get some rather funny looks as well. Sadly Alex the bear had seen too much salt water as he was a seafaring bear and it hadn't done him very much good but I've still got his passport! I've been to Bolton Abbey but a long time ago.

This is just a small selection non bunnies, I have a large extended family of little furries. My eldest bear will be 55 later this year and still in pretty good health.

Oh they are lovely, I'm glad it's not just me then that collects furry friends :D I love the big mousie !

Oh those are fantastic! :love:
You would cry seeing my plushie collection. Heck, I would cry to see them again, most are still in Alaska waiting for me to retrieve them this summer....I hope. :(

Mine don't get out much, but I have a photo somewhere of my little stegosaur Sixby2 (pr: six by two) at the Natural History Museum with Sophie (the stegosaurus there). I'd feel guilty that I didn't take them all places if I started taking a few and, well, with approaching 500 the choice is a bit overwhelming...

This is one of my favourites :D

CMG3YUkWoAAXuC9.jpg

It's Rosetta and Philae! Who doesn't want a cuddly space ship?!

ETA I found baby cuddly Cthulhu a bit further down my Twitter feed (where the pics are from)...

CIsGYbYWoAANLlW.jpg

Last edited:
Love them :love:

When I saw the title I assumed real fox :lol:

Very funny to see your photos!!

Don't let him hear you say he isn't a real fox, it's a touchy subject with him. I should have posted the pic of him stroking a wallaby at the local zoo, no hands in sight just him and the wallaby.

We have so many but only a few of them feel up to trips out so the group is pretty self selecting. Hard letting Fox go away without me and his little companion Zee, but he deserves a break from here sometimes.

Oh those are fantastic! :love:
You would cry seeing my plushie collection. Heck, I would cry to see them again, most are still in Alaska waiting for me to retrieve them this summer....I hope. :(

That must be hard leaving them behind, I hope you get them all gone with you soon. I have no idea how many I have, 100s probably.

That must be hard leaving them behind, I hope you get them all gone with you soon. I have no idea how many I have, 100s probably.

Between the three of us (well mostly my daughter and I but my son still has a few) there's probably far more than just hundreds. They won't all be able to come with, sadly, there's just too many. But that's from over 50 years of collecting. I still have some that I had as a young child myself. :(

I'm hoping to get a few of the less sentimental ones cleaned up well enough that they can go to a donation program where they are given out to kids being seen in the ER and stuff. My daughter still has a ted that she received during a particularly difficult hospital visit where she needed fluids for being dehydrated due to flu. She hates needles so the nurse kindly distracted her with this bear. Not sure it really helped as she was almost hysterical but her doctor insisted on treatment or admission, so it had to be done. Poor thing has always had a phobia of all things medical. :cry:

The ted wasn't brand new, but still in great condition and it was a sweet gesture. :)

We regularly used to put butterfly venflons into teddies etc when children came to theatre and usually would put on a matching dressing or bandage. No idea if it helped but we enjoyed the "game". I think most cuddlies have a story attached to them and daft as it seems, I do worry about their future when I am gone.
Currently Sooty is eating Percy Pigs from M&S, not a thing I enjoy but he helps his mummy eat them. I prefer cake myself but that gets nibbled at as well if my eyes are distracted. Naughty furries.

Found the one of Fox with a wallaby. Wallaby was very brave but Fox knows how to be gentle, in fact he has a very caring heart. He has nursed newly hatched baby ducks, not many Foxes can say they have done that.
IMG_0539_zpspvrvb8wh.jpg

Just in case you're wondering, Rydag is also very caring, a rarity amongst lions
IMG_0540_zpsghxwzkl9.jpg

Usually my sister never lets Rydag out of her sight, but just before Christmas she let him go away with us to Center Parcs. So from left to right we have Sooty, Zee (a cat my sister rescued in France that lives with Fox and me), Bunnyrabbithare, Rydag, Fox and kitten. Rydag and Zee brought their teddies, Grub and Moth.
IMG_1248_zpsw7orwi7u.jpg

A very confused Santa, the elves bless them took down the names of all our furry companions and gave them a little reindeer as a momento. Santa with Bunnyrabbithare, the reindeer and Rydag.
IMG_1291_zpsvghbklmd.jpg

Mine don't get out much, but I have a photo somewhere of my little stegosaur Sixby2 (pr: six by two) at the Natural History Museum with Sophie (the stegosaurus there). I'd feel guilty that I didn't take them all places if I started taking a few and, well, with approaching 500 the choice is a bit overwhelming...

This is one of my favourites :D

CMG3YUkWoAAXuC9.jpg

It's Rosetta and Philae! Who doesn't want a cuddly space ship?!

ETA I found baby cuddly Cthulhu a bit further down my Twitter feed (where the pics are from)...

CIsGYbYWoAANLlW.jpg

The Cthulhu I guess is the exotic cute green beastie?
I didn't realise there had been a Rosetta/Philae set.
I blame advanced middle age on my collecting madness, and a big stash from my youth.

Back