• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbiting On-Spring 2017 Features 'Megacolon'

Is there any way to read the article online, Jane? I am very interested and know others who would be as well.

Oh Jane, that is very kind of you, but please do not let me put you to any trouble. :oops:
I would think with all I have seen on RU about this magazine it would be available electronically. We have something called Rabbits USA here, but it's not a very detailed publication and only comes out once a year. :(

I would think with all I have seen on RU about this magazine it would be available electronically. We have something called Rabbits USA here, but it's not a very detailed publication and only comes out once a year. :(

The MC article is by Dr. Nadine Stapleton an exotics vet from of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, London. The closest thing we have in the US to RabbitingOn is the HRS's House Rabbit Journal.

I would think with all I have seen on RU about this magazine it would be available electronically.

I would guess it's deliberate - it's part of the membership of the RWAF so if the magazine content was generally available to everyone, it wouldn't be a reason to subscribe to the RWAF and support all the great work they do! It is sometimes possible to buy back copies of the magazines from the RWAF shop while stocks last :)

I would guess it's deliberate - it's part of the membership of the RWAF so if the magazine content was generally available to everyone, it wouldn't be a reason to subscribe to the RWAF and support all the great work they do! It is sometimes possible to buy back copies of the magazines from the RWAF shop while stocks last :)

The RWAF has an app for purchase on iOS with old (very) articles. Three months from now you can buy the 'megacolon issue' in their shop, they do this to protect their members. The current issue of BunnyMad also has a good write up on megacolon, this is available in their shop now. :)

Yes it's in the current bunny mad mag to

the mc article in bunny mad magazine will offer you a lot more treatment options than the rabbiting on one, but the rabbiting on one brings with it the official recognition of the condition by a royal college of veterinary surgeons rabbit vet based in london...so get both is my advice, if you have a sceptical vet.

if you have a megacolon bunny you can join the facebook group for this condition specifically by emailing mossbinky@yahoo.com and going through a triage system to check for symptoms. you will find a lot of support and information on that list too.

Back