• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Ferral" Vegas Rabbits

I just want to cry :cry:
My FIL used to live in Vegas and a little known suburb called Pahrump. That is hostile territory for domestic buns to have to survive and, despite that no poisoning directive, what do you want to wager that myxo will be introduced if it becomes a situation where other diseases begin to run rampant in the population, or it just gets to be so much that the city decides it's the best (read 'cheapest') option? :(

Bless that man, I took a quick peek at his FB page, he's trying so hard to educate. I doubt many will follow his lead as the area is just not what I'd call "bunny friendly." :( Bowhunting? Seriously? :evil:

That's horrible :( And what an awful place for a rabbit- a desert with little vegetation :(

What they need to do is make it legal to do trap, neuter release and give out another contract to make it possible. More rabbits wouldn't be born into that situation and the population would eventually go down. It's the only thing that's really worked with feral cats and obviously it'd be even more helpful with rabbits since rabbits breed so much faster. You can't trap, neuter and find homes for thousands of rabbits, that would take forever and in that time all the ones that haven't been neutered are producing thousands more rabbits.

Back