• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My rabbit is really wobbly on frount legs

My french lop over the last cupple of days has little to no movement in his frount legs and has diffeculty moveing tho he is trying his best it seems to be his left leg that is affected most. He is still holding his head fine it dos seem to tho be slightly going to the left but most the time he has his head normaly.

Other then that he is eating drinking and useing his litter try he wont go to the toilet any were elss

The vets are treating him for an ear infection but have said it could also be E.C. he is currently takeing antiebiotices and panacure

Its so hard to watch him like this when hes normaly running around like a mad man as much as he wants to hop he just dosnt seem to have the strength in his frount paws :(

Is there anything i can do to help him more? Do you think it could be more to do with E.C then an ear infection?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear your rabbit is having difficulty walking. If you are not sure whether your Vet is experienced in rabbits, you coul start another thread asking for a rabbit savvy vet in your area. I do hope your bunny improves soon.

Thank you i am just looking for some more advices or oppions on this so i can help him more to get around as he loves to be with us but im worried he will hurt him self when hes trying to get around

How long has he been on the antibiotics and the panacure?
I think the symptoms for EC and a ear infection are the same which is why your vet is treating both possibilities

How long has he been on the antibiotics and the panacure?
I think the symptoms for EC and a ear infection are the same which is why your vet is treating both possibilities
My thoughts too.

Often inner ear infections present the same as EC so they'll often treat for both to cover both possibilities.

He may be weak on his front legs because he's feeling dizzy, or there may be something else underlying.

Has your vet done any investigations? Have they recommended any physiotherapy to help reduce muscle loss?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

He has only been on his meds sinces tusday night

The vet just sent him away with the meds and said to see him in a weeks time

Some buns do get very dizzy and need to have their space reduced to stop them attempting to move too far.
It is still early days with the treatment.
On previous topics, I have read that it is very important to (preferable steam) clean the cage and litter trays on day 21 and 28 of the panacure treatment
I hope your bun starts improve soon

He has just tryed to have a few hops and was sat standing abit swaying but he was standing now hes just laying down again.

Hes haveing truble lifting his feet to his face when hes washing iv just noticsed that there but its the first time in 3 days hes actuly tryed to lift them up.

Iv keept him in his cage coz i was worried he may hurt him self is that a good idear to keep him there as he thinks he is still able to do stuff but his frount legs just dont seem to go with him

I think having him shut in his cage for the time being is a good idea.
Still early days with the meds, may take a little longer to see improvement but sending vibes x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

He seems to be abit happyer in himself today he was sitting up in his bed today not just laying there

Can any one sugest how to get his meds into him this morning it was really hard

You can try putting his meds on something he likes, some use baby food or a shreddie. I tend to use a piece of spring greens with a sprinkling of oats so the oats soak the meds up. Good luck!

We tryed on a bananana he loves that but he refused to eat it and then everytime we try to offer him a bananan now he has to smell it first to make sure nothing on it there cleaver animals

Hello again its been a cupple days i have now noticsed my rabbit seems unable to move both his frount legs what so ever he is relaying on his back legs to push himself up to be sitting up hes done that 4 times today but he still keeps on just flopping over when he trys to move it seems his frount legs just dont work

ae6682ef83364bc089e392fe0769f294.jpg

Thats how he sits all day iv took him out of his cage but he hasnt wanted to move i took him out to give him some company insted of being sat in his bed all day

Has your vet given you ant anti-inflammatory meds (eg metacam)? It is part of the standard treatment for EC as it stops the organism causing damage in the nerves = and this is what causes the long-term symptoms. It is also useful for dealing with the pain of an ear infection. Panacur on its own will treat the organism, but not the damage it does while it is there. Hopefully you will see an improvement in a week or so when the meds start to work, whatever the cause.

Hes on anitebiotics and panacur at the moment he is off back to the vets again on tusday to get a more deffant anser as the vet was unsure if it was and ear infection or EC

Sometimes there isn't a definite answer and the best way forward is just keep going with the treatment for both until something changes - ie it gets better or there is something more definitive to go on. It can just take time and a dedicated owner .

Yeah i dos coz hes fighting from what iv seen i had him sat with me today and he was trying to shuffle about with his back legs but he is relaying on his back legs to move it looked so uncomftable for him to try and sit up abit. Im just takeing every day as it comes with him as long as he has the fight then im not giveing up.

Im just worring as i lost my older rabbit a few years ago and it was hart brakeing to watch

Yeah i dos coz hes fighting from what iv seen i had him sat with me today and he was trying to shuffle about with his back legs but he is relaying on his back legs to move it looked so uncomftable for him to try and sit up abit. Im just takeing every day as it comes with him as long as he has the fight then im not giveing up.

Im just worring as i lost my older rabbit a few years ago and it was hart brakeing to watch

Has the Vet ruled out a neck injury/spinal problem (cervical spine) ?
Is he on an anti-inflammatory analgesic eg Metacam ?

Back