• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RHD2- Confirmed Case TWICKENHAM SW LONDON U/D 10th Feb

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
My Vet has just emailed me to let me know that she has received Lab Results back on PM samples sent for PCR testing after the sudden death of an ARC Rabbit in Foster Care. LAB CONFIRMS RHD2 Another Rabbit has also died and my Vet is still awaiting Lab results on that one.

For anyone not willing to accept my post as being 'factual' then the Vet Surgery dealing with the cases can be contacted here

http://www.twickenhamvets.com/

ETA- My Vet has actually posted details on the Surgery's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/twickenhamvets

Last edited:
I saw the news on FB via ARC's page. Very worrying times for all involved. I remember the total panic I felt 14 months ago when I heard Eliza had been in the same room as a confirmed case.

Glad you've got them all vaccinated Jane, your vet obviously guided you well on the risk factors at play.

Such a sad loss. I did see the report earlier on FB.

So glad all your buns are now vaccinated Jane. Must help settle your mind a bit knowing they're protected.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That's awful and so worrying :(

All of mine are vaccinated against it, apart from poor Darwin. I'm assuming there's no way he can have the jab whilst he's so poorly? x

Just spoken with Donna (ARC) .The second Rabbit Death PCR testing has come back as NEGATIVE for RVHD2.

But ARC have now lost a third Rabbit :cry: Awaiting lab results.

RIP Rodney :cry:

Just spoken with Donna (ARC) .The second Rabbit Death PCR testing has come back as NEGATIVE for RVHD2.

But ARC have now lost a third Rabbit :cry: Awaiting lab results.

RIP Rodney :cry:

The one at my vets in December 2015 originally came back as negative. I was given that reassuring news then was told a few days later that another test was positive.

This was my Wallace - I had him on reserve and he was due to be bonded to River this weekend :cry:

Im so very sorry. Binky Free Wallace. xx

Thank you for the link, Jane. I have shared. We have this variant in Australia, but no vaccine. :( However, the information in the article is still important for Australian bunny owners to be aware of, IMO.

Back