• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pooping

I have two girl bunnies they share a cage and both use the littler tray to wee, that came really easy to them. But they poop everywhere. On the carpet on the wooden floor, in their play tunnel, just about everywhere they go. They only really spend time closed in the cages at night. The rest of the time they are free range.
Any suggestions please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old are your bunnies? Are they spayed?
What do you mean by cage: a dog grate with permanently attached run?
How long have you had them?

I mean a pet shop cage that I bought with the bunnies, they literally only sleep in it. The rest of the time they are free range. They always go back to the litter tray to wee and haven't had any seeing accidents. They are still young not three months yet. So not spayed yet.

I expect you'll see a change as they get older & especially post spay. People recommend scooping stray poo & putting it in the litter tray. Big underbed litter storage boxes make great litter trays- add loads of hay. They'll poo as they eat.

That said I do all this stuff & my current bunnies are far from exemplary in their litter habits

Good luck !

Thank you yes they do have a lot of hay in their litter tray. I will continue to scoop and put in litter tray and see how we go, just glad they aren't weeing every where

a pet shop cage won't be big enough for bunnies I'm afraid, they snooze mostly in the day & are active at dusk to dawn. If they behave all day could you bunny proof the room? The poo could be territorial ? Reclaiming territory they haven't been on for a good few hours. Equally its maybe that they are still young

Once they have had their jabs they are going to go in to a big out door run
And once it gets a bit warmer.

Once they have had their jabs they are going to go in to a big out door run
And once it gets a bit warmer.

ahh. You have everything in hand. Hopefully it won't be forever & if they do continue to be messy better outside than in

Back